Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few photos on my Thule 450 mounts on the SSD Hybrid rails fit nicely I like the low profile the combo made.
Use it to hall some lumber today for small project, I like it because its only a 5min. job or less to install the crossbars.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,140 Posts
Very nice! I too like easy!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Did you have to remove the black filler strips to install those rails?I am still trying to figure out how to remove the filler strips for another project.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,140 Posts
My 2010 has a screw behind the rear taillights, once removed the filler strip snaps off and on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Did you have to remove the black filler strips to install those rails?I am still trying to figure out how to remove the filler strips for another project.
With the SSD Hybrid rails (No) just the little covers along the top their are 4 to expose the existing roof rack mounts.
With the SSD Performance Rally Roof Rails (Yes) you need to pull the plastic strips out to mount so it depends on which model SSD Performance rails you are talking about. These do need the rear light assembly removed and plastic covers removed and the plastic covers will need to be drilled were the rack bolts are.

If you are looking for some photos of the SSD Hybrid rails install look here I took some when I installed and take note of the spacers you will want to shave them down a little to get a nicer fit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My 2010 has a screw behind the rear taillights, once removed the filler strip snaps off and on.
The Gen2 isn't like that.There's color matched caps on the ends of the black filler rail.I'm not sure how to release them without damaging them.The back one is trapped by the body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts