Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new 3 POINT SSD Strut Tower Brace is coming for the 2012-2013 Soul! Sleek new style that is a 1 PIECE, all welded design so there are no joints to compromise the rigidity of the brace. This brace ties your strut towers together and utilizes added bracing by attaching to the firewall as well. This is so solid that when you bolt it on, it's like welding in a front brace!... UPDATE... Final test fitting this Friday! (Dec. 7th)
Mike/SSD....what's the verdict? Or am I just late to the party?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nope, you're right on time. I had a fitting at our laser cutters last Friday and we made a couple of adjustments so I'm heading back tomorrow (Monday) for what will hopefully be the last fitting. If it goes as planned, we'll hopefully be releasing this within a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted here. Mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
No joints / brackets to assemble (OR work loose)... one piece all welded brace so yep, piece of cake to install.

Update... test fit today was a success so we still hope to get these made, powder coated and shipping within a couple of weeks. Planning a super special deal to introduce them too so stay tuned....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paul, i think we may have met one day?

You look familiar, if I'm right you turned me on to this site and the Findway floor mats from Canada...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No joints / brackets to assemble (OR work loose)... one piece all welded brace so yep, piece of cake to install.

Update... test fit today was a success so we still hope to get these made, powder coated and shipping within a couple of weeks. Planning a super special deal to introduce them too so stay tuned....
Keep me in the loop! That damper looks sweet too :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
UPDATE... They're here!

Our NEW SSD 3-POINT Strut Tower Brace for the 2012-2013 Kia Soul is a brand new all welded ONE PIECE design that ties your Soul's strut towers together and utilizes added bracing by attaching to your Soul's firewall . There are no joints and no hardware to loosen or sacrifice rigidity... This thing is SOLID, it's the next closest thing to welding in a front brace.

These new braces are made from 1.5" steel tubing with laser cut ends made from 1/4" steel for strength and finished with a new metallic powder coating that actually contains stainless steel particles for a nice, rich finish. We include an "SSD" logo in your choice of red, silver or matte black and all mounting hardware and instructions.

We're selling these on our website at a special introductory price but here's what we're going to do for you forum members... until further notice, we're going to sell these at an introductory price of JUST $99+shipping! (insured USPS shipping to the US is $19 and to Canada is $45)

If you'd like one at the special introductory price, you'll need to PM me with your email address, location and choice of logo color and I'll send you an invoice that you can pay with Paypal or a credit card.

Note... These are only for the 2012-2013 Souls and are in stock and ready to ship in time for the holidays!

More details and bigger pics at our website (SSD Performance) but you'll need to PM me directly here to get the $99 deal! Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
They mount to the towers the same way but there are no seperate pieces to assemble OR adjustments to make after it's installed. I put one of the new powder coated ones on my own Soul yesterday. Took about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They mount to the towers the same way but there are no seperate pieces to assemble OR adjustments to make after it's installed. I put one of the new powder coated ones on my own Soul yesterday. Took about 30 minutes.
Awesome! I'd like to get down on that special ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts