Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I'm dealing here with a problem that I can't undestand.
I have bought a pair of "focal 165 A1" speekers to replace the original front one's in my Kia Soul.
Well, My ideia is (as the focal are a kit that comes with crossover and tweeter apart , I tought to replace only the original woofer and tweeter (supposing that the original kia crossover, that I dont know where it is, works with the focal Items), would work nicely... But something's wrong!
First of all, when I replaced the (in this case the left one) original woofer by the Focal one, the original tweeter imediatly stoped working. Beside this, the sound of the focal speeker is very poor and a lot more weeker than the original one (that's still in the right door)
What the hell is going on here? Why the tweeter stoped and the sound of a very good speeker is so lousy? (Please dont tell me that the original kia radio doesnt
Have enough power to run a focal...
Best regards and thanks for your help!
(Sorry if this looks like Ben-Hur script)

·
Registered
546 Posts
You may want to search the forum, but im sure i read on here that the front door speaker and tweeter are 2 ohm speakers run in a series to create the 4 ohm load. You should use your crossover with your components and new wiring. With a 4 ohm speaker and tweeter you are placing an 8 ohm load on that channel of the radio and that is why it will be quieter. Aftermarket amp will cure this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts