Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Ghost which is the Special Edition 4 package on a Soul Plus...

From the sticker that was on the car...

Special Edition 4 Package:
-Rear Sport Spolier
-Gray Side Strips
-Carpeted Floor Mats
-Black Leather, Heated Seats (Replacing Cloth Seats)
-Leather wrapped Steering Wheel & Shift KNob
-18" Black Alloy Wheel w/machined accents (replaced 16" wheels)
-Sport Body Kit
-Black Fender vent w/side marker repeater
Cargo Net
Cargo Tray
EC Mirror w/compass & Homelink

Additional Installed Equipment
Audio Upgrade Package
-Center Speaker
-Sub Woofer
-External Amplifier
-Speaker Lamps
Power Sunroof (incl. Fog Lights)

So I am curious if that was the same pacakge for all the Special Editions or what was included in the other Special Edition Packages 1-3, if possible from the sticker that was on the car...

Also, are the Demin, Ignition, Shadow & Ghost colors specific for the Special Editions or where there other models in those colors ??? I saw a picture that someone posted of a ghost showing a white back bumper, yet mine is black...

·
Registered
387 Posts
My Denim mentioned the limited edition paint color on the sticker, the white accents, spoiler, and few other things not pertaining to a regular +, such as the side blinkers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the ghost color is actually available in the UK on regular models but not positive about that. As far as the others, my shadow dragon is black with red pearl, but others have said this is the standard shadow paint and elsewhere they call it black cherry instead of shadow. I'd have to think the denim and ignition are unique though.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
we dont get the ghost colour in the Uk....we get very few colours compared to the rest of you.......black, white, red, silver, dark blue, titanium and vanilla. And you can only have the Titanium and Vanilla on the specials.......very poor choice really!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the SE#3 Shadow Dragon and it seems that there are only a few small differences aside from the paint color;

My Dragon does not have the homelink rear view mirror and the rear spoilers seem to be different. I recently saw a Denim model and it had the same type spoiler as the Ghost, that appears to me as a fairing or extension of the roof line, whereas the Dragon models are somewhat elevated and allow air to "pass thru" if you will.

·
Registered
43 Posts
All the SE models have different color wheels, the SE1, white the SE2,3,4 all have black wheels, the SE3,4 have leather seats with heaters, the SE2,4 have sport body package. There are other small differences, as far as colors the SE1,2,4 are spesifec here in the U.S but are available in other countries, the SE3 color is just shadow, however the bumper trim is gloss black, not textured and SE1,2 have the offset stripes, the SE3 the dragon and the SE4 the side hockey sticks. Almost forgot the SE2 has a aluminum gas door. Again not all the detail, but some, hope it helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
the special editions seem to be available in the US, I ask my dealership, they never heard anything about them in canada

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a few facts for you -

-Ghost color is only on SE 4 (available in some coutries and called Blue-Stone)
-Ignition and Denim color only on these SE's (SE 1,2)
-total production - Ghost - 1,000 Ignition - 1,200 Dragon - 1,200 (don't have figures for SE 1)
-Wheels on SE 2,3,4 are same but cannot be special ordered for any other Soul - only as a replacement if one damaged on an SE
-The UK had an awesome SE called Burner - those wheels are available in US for special order for any Soul (google Kia Soul Burner to see it)
-SE 2 had Plus interior
-SE 3 has leather interior
-SE 4 has leather interior and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
-homelink rearvew mirror came on some SE's (extra $250)
-other items such as cargo tray, cargo cover, etc are options for any Soul
-would have been really cool if the SE's had floor mats with the SE name on them
-Ghost color is unique - Soul is unique - I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
From Our SE3 (Dragon) Window Sticker

I bought the Ghost which is the Special Edition 4 package on a Soul Plus...

From the sticker that was on the car...

Special Edition 4 Package:
-Rear Sport Spolier
-Gray Side Strips
-Carpeted Floor Mats
-Black Leather, Heated Seats (Replacing Cloth Seats)
-Leather wrapped Steering Wheel & Shift KNob
-18" Black Alloy Wheel w/machined accents (replaced 16" wheels)
-Sport Body Kit
-Black Fender vent w/side marker repeater
Cargo Net
Cargo Tray
EC Mirror w/compass & Homelink

Additional Installed Equipment
Audio Upgrade Package
-Center Speaker
-Sub Woofer
-External Amplifier
-Speaker Lamps
Power Sunroof (incl. Fog Lights)

So I am curious if that was the same pacakge for all the Special Editions or what was included in the other Special Edition Packages 1-3, if possible from the sticker that was on the car...

Also, are the Demin, Ignition, Shadow & Ghost colors specific for the Special Editions or where there other models in those colors ??? I saw a picture that someone posted of a ghost showing a white back bumper, yet mine is black...
Hey...I can tell you exactly what our Dragon window sticker says:

ADDITIONAL INSTALLED EQUIPMENT:
(In addition to or in place of standard features)
Audio Upgrade Package $500.00
* Center Speaker
* Subwoofer
* External Amplifier
* Speaker Lamps

Power Sunroof (incl. fog lights) $800.00

Special Edition Package 3 $1,800.00
* Leather Seat Trim - black
* Front Seat Warmers
* Blk w/machine&accent 18" alloy wheels
* Black Side Repeater Lights
* iPod Cable
* Matte Black Dragon Graphic
* Body-color wing-type rear spoiler
* Carpeted Floor Mats

There are a few things about the window sticker that I find interesting.

1) I'm assuming the "cargo tray" in our Dragon trunk area is std equip, but it isn't anywhere on our sticker. There's also a styrofoam compartment divider that isn't listed anywhere on the sticker either. I noticed your sticker actually listed the cargo tray as part of your SE4 package.

2) While 18" alloy wheels are listed, 18" tires are not. There's nothing that's "in addition to or in place of" the standard P205/55R16 Tires. Obviously there are 18" tires on 18"" rims...

3) The "high-gloss black accents" on the front and rear bumper inserts that was touted in the SE3 press release are not listed anywhere as std or optional equip. But they do list "Body Color Front and Rear Bumpers" on the EXTERIOR portion of the Standard Features. The KIA website also lists these "High-gloss black bumper inserts" as part of the SE3 package, but they aren't on the window sticker.

4) Steering wheel audio controls are not listed anywhere as Std or optional.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
45 Posts
hello - new to the forum. Love the enthusiasm people show about the car.

I take ownership today of an SE2.

Unfortunately I already have a complaint without even taking delivery yet.

I bought the car site unseen as my local dealer did not have any SE models and located one about several miles away. Of course I was able to drive a comparably equipped model just not the SE2.

As part of the description from the Kia website, the SE2 has "upgraded audio" and ipod connectivity.

I, along with my local salesmen, took this to mean the flashing lights, subwoofer, etc but after reading from other people who purchased the SE2, this apparently is a common misconception . The car does not have the audio/light setup and I'm still trying to find out if it has the subwoofer. However the wording, in some cases from Kia, even include the pulsating light as part of the description (you have to find press releases, etc). I've read they recognized the mistake and have since stopped mentioning it but still go with the ambiguous "upgraded audio".

I can't decide if I'm upset over this or not as I haven't got the car yet, I'm really too old for such gimmicks and not certain I'd even use them. However I do want the wattage power and subwoofer. I'm not certain what upgraded stereo even means now. However I'm pretty sure my wife is going to be crushed when she finds out that the lights are not included with her (rather expensive for a Soul) car.

From what I've read the response is a shrugged shoulder from the dealer when you press them about installing the light setup as its apparently a factory only deal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
still no Soul delivered.

owning dealer sold the car as we were doing the paperwork to purchase it and have it delivered to my dealership, my dealer told me it would arrive on Monday and never told us any different.

Monday comes and goes, no phone call,Tuesday evening, still no phone call so we call, find out the car was sold and they located another 2 hours away.

This is after I have already negotiated the price, filled out financing and signed all the paperwork.

I tracked the second car down on the internet and found that is doesn't have some accessories that our original car did to the tune of about $400.

The mirror with the homelink and compass and two cargo related items.

Hope the dealer plans on cutting me a check, if and when he does call.

I'd just as soon start the negotiation over but I'm traveling and my wife is at home picking up the car when it arrives. She is dying to get it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
And don't get all excited about the 'subwoofer'...it totally sucks...you can barely tell it's even part of the system...but in general, the upgraded audio is probably worth it...it sounds good, and close to loud enough for me...but the bass is very wimpy...

·
Registered
45 Posts
And don't get all excited about the 'subwoofer'...it totally sucks...you can barely tell it's even part of the system...but in general, the upgraded audio is probably worth it...it sounds good, and close to loud enough for me...but the bass is very wimpy...
yea I've read that about the sub woofer.

Took delivery of the car last night. IMO, for the money this car has more features than anything else out there - at least features that a car owner wants nowadays. We love the integrated bluetooth, one touch sunroof and the usb interface to the stereo.

Now I just have to go about making it last 150K miles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts