Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the color codes for the speaker wiring, and where is the easiest location to tap in? I am adding an under the seat powered sub and don't want to take out or disassemble the radio and dash if possible. Also, does anyone know if the signal being sent to the door speakers is full range, or are the already crossed over? I need to get a full range signal into the woofer, if they are crossed over, I would need to pull the signal from the sub woofer speaker lines.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
595 Posts
^^^^
Try kiatechinfo.com I know they have descriptions of the wiring for the different plugs, going in and exiting the amp. Not sure if they listed with color codes, but you might be able to go from there.

Use Internet Exploder with Kia Tech as it doesn't work right in Firefox.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i tapped into the wires out the back of the stock head unit. the colors are....
i dont remember and all i have is a pinout chart. you can find it on the kia resoure site, look up 2010 / body electrical / audio / audio unit/ then they have a components listing and it shows the pins and the pinouts. i tapped into it there, dropped my hi/lo convert box in the dash, and ran the rca wires from there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the pin out, but I really need the colors, I don't want to take the radio out, but tap into the harness under the dash. Also, I really need to know if the speaker leads coming out of the amp are crossed over, or playing at full frequency. That is not mentioned on the Kia web site.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts