Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
looks like a remake of the SplitFire plugs.... spreads the surface area of the spark and supposedly makes it more efficient.

Try them and let us know if there is any real difference. As in from 25 to 28 MPG in average driving offsets the $75 price of the plugs (I do not know how much they cost, just an example)

·
Registered
306 Posts
makes no sense

Quick burn with 85 octane regular will result in pinging. This may infact work well with higher octane fuel at a cost but 2mpg better at 20 cents more gallon im not sure. If a motor knock sensor detects pinging it will reduce timing advance and wash out any performance the spark plug offers. Michigan dorks dont even go over that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like a remake of the SplitFire plugs.... spreads the surface area of the spark and supposedly makes it more efficient.

Try them and let us know if there is any real difference. As in from 25 to 28 MPG in average driving offsets the $75 price of the plugs (I do not know how much they cost, just an example)
There is also the Bosch Platinum 4.

·
Registered
513 Posts
which model plug?

Does anyone know which model engine combination to search for to find the right Bosch plug for a 2.0 liter Soul? All of the online application charts do not list availability for a 2010 Soul 2.0.
Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know which model engine combination to search for to find the right Bosch plug for a 2.0 liter Soul? All of the online application charts do not list availability for a 2010 Soul 2.0.
Thanks.
Talked to my local dealer and he says they use NGK Iridium plugs. So going to Bosh Platinum might not offer you any difference in performance or fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thank you Ht_addict. I'll stick with the NGK. I have used both brands in the past. I wanted to try a set of the Bosch plug to see the difference. I switched from the OEM in my Jeep YJ to set a of Bosch Platinum 2 and really saw the difference in the fuel economy and the power. I wanted to see if the same would be true for the Soul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts