Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Rollin' on the twenteeeeeeez

I saw Pearson Kia is starting to have a tire shop down in Talmadge on El Cajon Blvd.....outfit a bunch of Sports with 20''s.....REAL nice.

I was almost jealous I got my Molten before ANYONE else....and they didn't have these wheel packages yet on any of their Souls.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep. I picked up my Sport for Pearson. The rims were already on it.

Part of the negotiation process was me bitching that I didn't like them, and to remove them and throw me back to stock.

They finally dropped the price on the tires/rims 50% and I said 'ok'.

They had two or three other Souls with after market rims. One was an Alien !, and another was a Red + model with black rims and red highlights. . it looked Gooooood!

I have to say, after driving around on the 20"s, I'm glad I ended up keeping them. I am sure the ride is much stiffer, but I never test drove another model, so I wouldn't know!! :D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I got the Sport without even a test drive....I test drove the little silver base demo unit the evening they got it (4 miles on it at the time)

I was worried the Sport would feel like my '07 Honda Fit, but not even CLOSE to that much harshness. The stock 18's and the Sport suspension were actually a pleasant surprise.

The shop that did your wheels is just east of that Weinershnitzel hot dog thing over by Hoover High School on El Cajon Blvd. I had driven by and saw a Molten + sittng out there with 20"s....black with some real nice metallic red outer. He said they were doing these for Pearson. He quoted me around $875 or somewhere around there for the same wheels, but I wanted to stay 18" for the benefit of keeping SOME of my ride geometry.

I've passed for now on some fun wheels. I'm just paying too much attention to the audio, CAI, all the little nerd things fom KAI and SharkRacing, painting my calipers, ClearBra, etc right now. I may at some point go with SOMETHING black that will really showoff the red calipers. It was a pretty simple thing to do, but I'm surprised how it alone dresses up even the stock wheel.

22% is a bit dark. I have 35% on the fronts, but the cops haven't really bugged me. I even have a funny red pinstripe along the edge of the windows and this habit of driving around with all the windows "lined up" with that stripe.... that you would think would DRAW a cop's attention. That and the 8000K HIDs and LED foggies "On all the time".....and still don't seem to get too much attention from them. I thought for SURE some cop wouldn't lke the CAI....but still nada.

One day I'll be tearing through Hillcrest in "Drive 2" (automatic) with my overdrive off. Soul with even a "project CAI" sounds REALLY mean in that config....and some cop will pop me. Lets keep our fingers crossed though ;p

·
Registered
19 Posts
SD_Jon (Jon) - Desert Java Soul Exclaim!, San Diego (Serra Mesa)

There's an Alien I pass-by on Mission Village Drive (parked in the driveway @ the corner of Fullerton & MVD)...hope they get aboard!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vootrunner

MODEL - Sport
COLOR - Titaium
LOCATION-High Desert (Phelan)

Will see this mostly going up and down Cajon Pass back and forth to work at Fedex Ground in Rialto

21 - 40 of 55 Posts