Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window sticker on my Soul ! said it had a SIX-speaker system with 315 Watt amplifier. I count eight speakers, all producing sound. I thought the Soul ! had the upgraded system as standard.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
2 tweets
1 center
2 front doors
2 rear doors
1 sub

Yup.....I guess that IS eight.

The amp in back as far as I've been able to remember.....drives only SEVEN channels:

2 channels are front doors....with tweeters capped off those same channels and 2 "signal" wires also go off to the LED controller in your dash.

1 channel is the center up front

2 channels to the rear doors (Some have said these are coax, which TECHNICALLY, would be two MORE speakers...but I digress...and I have not pulled the back panels yet to see if these are coax...They SURE don't sound it)

2 channels are for the sub (Dual voicecoil)

KGIS (online manual) does erroneosly label the two sub channels as tweeters on their diagrams. Maybe it was true at SOME point, but not now (at least with the February build of my US spec Molten Sport)

I'd be curious where the eighth channel on the "eight channel amp" goes, or if it's just there with no load on it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The ad may have been wrong but there is 8 speakers counting tweeters, and sub. I have taken the back panel off and it says 8 channel amp. and they looking all filled up to me lol

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
In back.....under the hatch.....to the right. When you are looking at the sub, it's behind the plastic trim in that back corner. ALL of your outputs come from this eight channel amp in the case of the upgraded audio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts