Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have the 2015 Kia Soul Exclaim model and I'm wanting to put the center dash speaker in, rear subwoofer, amp, etc... Will I need a different head unit to run all that and where can I get all the parts for it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You have an Exclaim with a base headunit?
I thought the Exclaims were standard with the fullsize headunit.

Notably,
The wiring harness of the various OEM headunits are enough different to make changing base unitunit to full headunit more trouble than it is worth.
Many threads in the ICE & COMMUNICATIONS forum discuss trying direct base to full headunit exchange and nearly unanimously agree AFTER MARKET is realistically to only way to upgrade a soul base headunit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 7in screen without navigation 96160B2020 part number. Uvo, Bluetooth, sxm, fm, am, juke box,, etc.. Not a base model from what I'm finding out. Just trying to hook up an amp, center dash tweeter and rear subwoofer. I'm new to this Kia Soul forum. Just trying to make it have a better sound system is all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crutchfield.com is a great place to start. You can find speakers, amps, signal processor/line output converters, wiring, etc. They have advisors available if you need help. I would suggest you keep your factory head unit and get either a line ouput converter or DSP. I have used the Audio Control LC6i on my previous systems and it works great with a factory head unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kia sure makes it difficult to switch out speakers. The original speakers don't have a + or - sign to know what wire to hook up for the new speakers you want and on top of that any wiring charts for the speaker in the door don't match any of the diagrams out there. I've only been able to do the passenger side so far. Right front is green and orange and right rear is brown and white. I do believe I have those hooked up right cause they sound pretty good, bit that was a guessing game there. I have searched both 2014 and 2015 Kia Soul Exclaim models and the diagrams I've found don't match the colors for my Soul. Lol

·
Registered
2018 Kia Soul, 1.6l Auto base model.
19 Posts
I'm currently in the process of replacing my speakers in my '18 though the hard way because I really didn't want to pay $20 to have the wire connectors shipped. I've been de-soldering the connectors from the old and re-soldering to the new and have been basically guessing by comparing connector position on the old and new speakers. Haven't had a problem yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts