Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Soul & I'm curious what trim package it is. I was told by a salesman it was a Sport & then later told it was an Exclaim. From what I have seen my seats do not match those of an Exclaim.
What I do know, is that it is a 2010, Java color with leather (black & brown) seats. (The word "Soul" is stitched 1 time across the back of seats), sunroof, audio upgrade, multicolored music & mood speaker lights & 18" wheels.
Any help wld be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, all i had seen before on the Exclaim were with the seats with Soul written all over the upper half of the seats & that thru me off. Guess mine just has a leather upgrade. Thanks again

·
Registered
133 Posts
The 2010 exclaim didn't have leather seats, the 2011 had that option I think.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I just bought a Soul & I'm curious what trim package it is. I was told by a salesman it was a Sport & then later told it was an Exclaim. From what I have seen my seats do not match those of an Exclaim.
What I do know, is that it is a 2010, Java color with leather (black & brown) seats. (The word "Soul" is stitched 1 time across the back of seats), sunroof, audio upgrade, multicolored music & mood speaker lights & 18" wheels.
Any help wld be appreciated

All Sport models had a spoiler. Does yours have a spoiler?

If it has multi-colored speaker lights, I would think it's an '11, not a '10. The '10 just had red. Do your door handles lift up or pull out? The '10 lifts up, the '11 pulls out.

Black and tan leather tells me it's an Exclaim. The leather in the Sport was black and red.

To me, it sounds like an '11 Exclaim, not a '10 Sport.

·
Registered
690 Posts
it sure sounds like 2011 as 2010 didn't have leather package. title/carfax on Soul "clean"? sounds like mix-match if it is indeed 2010. leather could have been after market or previous owner may have switched out the seats from 2010. For 100% validation, does your auto have manu-shift feature [2011]? best yet, post pictures of your seat and gear shifter and perhaps picture of outside bumpers.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Thanks, all i had seen before on the Exclaim were with the seats with Soul written all over the upper half of the seats & that thru me off. Guess mine just has a leather upgrade. Thanks again
The seats with the repeating "SOUL" pattern is on a Plus + model. The Exclaim cloth seats have a Houndstooth pattern on them.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I know, Rod, but the OP stated, "(The word "Soul" is stitched 1 time across the back of seats)".

Which is what the '11 Exclaim has. That's why I posted the pic of my seat. It appears he has an '11, not a '10, and and Exclaim, not a Sport...judging by what he has described.

That's why I asked about his door handles, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I guess I mis-read. I apologize for that. But it should be noted that the 2011 SE Soul's are plus models that are converted and have the same centered "SOUL" on leather seats. That would be the Shadow Dragon SE and the White Tiger SE.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Can you take a photo of the seating? It might help with ID.

It's entirely possible that the car has a non-factory leather interior from a company such as Katskin. They do replacement seat covers in just about any combination of leather/suede, piping/stitching you can imagine. They'll sew in a logo in any colour too.

Car Leather Upholstery | Custom Auto Leather Interiors by Katzkin

We ordered our seats in "Autumn" with Charcoal "SOUL" logo when we bought the car.

Check for their label sewn into the seat side seam near the seat hinge area.

Martin.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Just a cheapo set from Canadian Tire. Think they were under $30 if I remember correctly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts