Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I recently moved half way across country, from the midwest to the Pacific NW and used the Alien to tow a ton of stuff and thought I would give some updates on its performance.

The Alien has towed our pop-up trailer several times, with no problem. However, on this journey, it was also loaded with a lot of stuff that was hanging around the house after the moving truck left. I think it's safe to say we were moving well over 2,000 lbs including the trailer and other items. We had a lot of really bad weather. No snow, but a lot of wind and high rains. The Alien didn't get blown around much by the wind (side to side), but it did slow us down a ton. Once I figured out the power band and when to downshift, we were doing great going up the long steep hills.

The final numbers are:

2900 miles
155 gallons
Best MPG = 24
Worst MPG = 15.2
Avg. MPG = 18.8

I know, a lot of fellow owners think I'm absolutely nuts, but that's ok. I'm not looking for the condemnation and opinions about what I'm doing. I'm just letting people know how it performs. We're keeping the oil changed and looking at a CAI now that they are coming out, and couldn't be happier with our Alien. Right now, we are probably looking at around 6,500 towing miles and all is fine.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
I enjoy reading things like this about the Soul. Thank you for share it with us Alien Soul.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adventures...

I didn't get any pics of the overloaded moving rig, but this is a basic picture of the Soul Train. I added a higher receiver so the trailer sits more level now. It made it tow a little bit nicer. Being that it towed so well with an obscene amount of weight, I'm going to add a little back on by putting a bike rack on the rear bumper of the trailer. Then I'll be set for some great trips. I can't wait to start getting out now that I am in the NW. I'll start posting pics of the adventures in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts