Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a longer drive in the driver seat (leather) of my 2011 ! Soul. Well... it was pretty uncomfortable, with a little back pain towards the end. Besides being a harsh seat compared to my Sable, I also have the feeling that the foam is worn unevenly, slightly tilted to the left side, the door side. This happend on other cars that I have bought used, like the previous people would not sit straight in their seat.

Now... should I try to get a new foam support for that seat (IMO not so great from the start) or a whole new aftermarket seat? The OE seats have side airbags in them and they are heated.
Anyone here did any research into this?
Seems like there are two part numbers, for the whole assy (I think I have the one with height adjust), that would fit to my 2.0L, both for a "cool" $375:
https://www.kiapartsnow.com/genuine/kia-cushion-assy-w~881002k111alf.html?

On my Ford Explorer (also leather seat), I tried to replace the foam, but because of included heating and side airbag, it was complicated to remove. I ended up adding some foam on that side of the seat, under the leather cover.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's my wife's daily driver, she mostly drives short trips in town, so I'll have to run that by her :rapture:
She felt that too on drives that were like one hour long.

Maybe I'll try first to add a thin layer of upholstery foam under the leather cover. I just got the sample pack, for $5...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sonic: mine lacks lower lumbar support and I'd like to add some foam also. Let me know how difficult it is to get under the outer layer in order to do that after you've done yours.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I missed the lumbar support too on this drive, my daily driver has it. I guess you have to cut something to make the room for the back seats in those small cars. That goes for all the other cars in this category that we tested...

To add it up there might be more complicated than on bottom. When I added foam to my Explorer bottom part, the leather on bottom just "unhooked" from the under side and could be pulled up. On the vertical portion it looks like it has to be pulled up... I'll post pics if I get that far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
SoNic67
Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
We’re the ultimate Kia Soul community dedicated to Soul owners and fans!
Full Forum Listing