Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to Kia Motors America, the company is confident it can sell 130,000 Souls across the world annually.

For US the company has set the goal of 50,000 units. Europe will get from 30,000-40,000 units, while the rest spreads on other markets, such as Asia, Korea, Middle East, Australia and others.

Kia has also announced it will produce the Soul in China. They plan to manufacture another 40,000 units of Soul. So combined this makes up to 170,000 units of Soul each year.

That's pretty high number. I think (hope) Kia can sell them out as soon as they get unloaded from the trucks.

What do you think, is it possible? Does the Soul look good enough to sell like a hot cake?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would be totally confident of good sales figures in the U.S.... if it wasn't for the economy. It's hard to predict with money and credit so tight. Interest in the Soul will be there, I'm not sure all interested parties will be ABLE to purchase one.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, but I think Soul's sales won't be that affected as let's say sales from larger cars such as Borrego or other large-sized SUVs.

I think people will still be buying cars, but smaller ones, that are more fuel efficient and cost less.

·
Registered
48 Posts
a few months ago I would have said it would sell like hotcakes without hesitating but now I'm not so sure with the economic downturn. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
KIA stereotype

Having owned a Hyundai, I'm 100% certain of the build quality of the Soul. ALLOT of people still are going to have a problem buying a Kia. Too bad for them! I want a +, with upgraded stereo and GPS

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
ALLOT of people still are going to have a problem buying a Kia. Too bad for them!
True, but they are so wrong. Our family has driven two Hyundais and my new car will be a Kia. I also trust the company for building top quality cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts