Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eco or Normal mode, I still get 28-29 MPG combined. I had two yaris's before and I'm not heavy on the throttle. I drive 55-60 MPH on Freeways. I also have a racing tire guage and my tire psi is at 36 all around with K&N filter. I would like to get 30 MPG easily. Like without trying. My 28-29 is trying hard...

Any other suggestion without replacing tires?

·
Registered
148 Posts
If I remember right you just bought an 18, new? You might want to fill in your car info on your profile so that it shows under your name on each post, that way others can just look rather than having to ask when questions like this come up.

If it's new I believe, and someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, that there's some break in time; the computer needs to learn how you drive.

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
663 Posts
I'm averaging 33.0 in my 2012 2.0L M/T according to the dashboard readout. I don't do much city driving though. Used to be under 30 in the city.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The 2.0L engine has a combined EPA rating of only 27. Why do you expect to get 30 "easily"? Do you drive 100% highway? If you wanted better mileage, you shouldn't have bought a toaster on wheels. :rapture:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,532 Posts
If I remember right you just bought an 18, new? You might want to fill in your car info on your profile so that it shows under your name on each post, that way others can just look rather than having to ask when questions like this come up.

If it's new I believe, and someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, that there's some break in time; the computer needs to learn how you drive.
This has been discussed in other threads as well. The "computer" is usually a couple mpgs off from real mileage. It's a liberal estimate of what could be. While it may "learn," it will never be precise. Best to do the math at the pump.

On a side note, I'm always surprised on YouTube car reviews when they take "computer" mpg readouts & then declare one brand gets 2 mpgs better or worse than another.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm lucky to hit 24 mpg. That's mostly city with a bit of freeway here and there. The only time I approach 28 is when I am traveling across country.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
My 2014 with 2.0L is rated at 8L/100km HWY and 10L/100 city (the fewer the L/100 the better)...

I am getting a reading of 7.6L/100 on the onboard calculator for a combined hwy/city ...
20180621_124837.jpg

and a calculated 7.7L/100 combined...
Screenshot_20180621-124655.jpg

Currently both are at 7.5L/100. Super happy with that! :eek:nthego::victorious:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I average from 27-31 mpg, with not much highway, according to the computer.

In a suburban Florida town, red light to red light, routine driving, home to work, so it stays the same. I think there's differences in gas blends, even from the same brand store. I'm not a fan of Eco mode, and think you can run in normal or sport, drive real mellow, and get better mileage.

Cheers.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm getting around 26.1-27 MPG (not sure what this whole KM/L stuff is... :p ) but I think if I was in "normal" (no eco mode that I've found on the Exclaim) mode more often, I could see a better number. I have to admit though, having the turbo makes me drive a little more spirited than if I was in a slower car. I tend to do a lot of jack-rabbit starts when I see a car approaching behind me at a stoplight and then changes to the next lane at the last minute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts