Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings
My 2018 Soul seems to be burning/losing oil. I was alerted to this last oil change when the young man told me before the oil change there was no oil on the dip stick. That explains the noise on incline.
I travel 60 miles a day to and from work. I use synthetic. Should I just keep adding or do changes more frequently.

Thank you guys so much.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Keep a closer eye on the oil level and have it changed more often. No more than 4000 miles between oil changes with these GDI engines.

That link westslope posted has a lot of valuable information in it. See the part “piston soak”. Doing that is easy and can help your oil consumption issues.

Also, if your car is still under warranty, you can take it to a Kia dealer and they can perform an oil consumption test.

They will change the oil and you will bring it back in 1000 miles (I think 3 times) and if they determine it’s using too much oil (1 quart per 1000 miles) they will perform a piston soak that’s similar to the link above.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,001 Posts
fin 🎬

Reactions: SoNic67

·
Registered
344 Posts
Greetings
My 2018 Soul seems to be burning/losing oil. I was alerted to this last oil change when the young man told me before the oil change there was no oil on the dip stick. That explains the noise on incline.
I travel 60 miles a day to and from work. I use synthetic. Should I just keep adding or do changes more frequently.
Both

Reactions: westslope
1 - 5 of 5 Posts