Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - so Mr. ADD in an attempt to see how hard it would be to replace the headlights in my new 2012 Soul + (and it don't look easy) forgot to replace the rubber cap at the back of the headlight. No big deal. Stop at a dealer on the way home from work and get a new one for $ 3.24. OK so I order it, it come in and does not fit. Go to the dealer that I bought it from, bring in one of the remaining three caps so I can order the correct cap, he orders it, it comes in, and it is just like the first one I ordered. I'm stumped, so is the parts manager. He goes out to my car, looks at the headlights and then proceeds to tell me that I do not have Soul headlights installed on my car. What the?

He thinks that they may be Optima/ Sedona headlights. Has anyone else heard of this happening? My car was a Houston Car Show car so would that be a reason for the variance? What other parts my not be correct is another concern of mine.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i suggest you try again at your dealer, i had an issue with the parts list being wrong!!... i ordered UK rear foglights and got USA reflectors instead. There are probably variations between the different countries or models and they have simply got the numbers mixed up. As far as having a different cars headlamps..... that is very unlikely. The headlamps are a total sealed unit and not transferable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am going to the dealer tonight because he called and said he MAY have what I need. I will post pictures of the caps of my headlights next to one of the replacement caps that I ordered. Or I may have my 13 year old son do it if I can't figure out how to. Damn IPad

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
The Soul is hands down the easiest car I've ever changed headlight bulbs on.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i have never changed a bulb yet, i assumed it could be done with the lights in situ.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
i have never changed a bulb yet, i assumed it could be done with the lights in situ.
Absolutely. It probably took me no more than 5 mins to change both bulbs over to ones that match the LED colour over the headlights.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a washer nozzle piece knocked off and broken at a local car wash. I went to the dealership and tried to get a replacement part. He sold me one, but it was not the fan style that my car had. Incorrect parts list.

I tried to replace the bulbs for my Nissan dash lighting. Of course my truck was a 1990 model, but I had the part number in hand and the parts manager looked it all up on his microfish machine. Ordered the part, but when it came in, it was the wrong part. Again, incorrect parts list.

I am doubtful anyone swapped out the headlights. After doing that on my '02 Honda a while back, I found it is not generally as easy as one would suspect, even with instructions as a guide. I'm thinking that the part number is incorrect, but it may be a cap part that is not sold seperately, too.

Good luck in what you find out.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Absolutely. It probably took me no more than 5 mins to change both bulbs over to ones that match the LED colour over the headlights.
I take it that the manual is a bit over zealous on the steps to change the bulbs then. It involves detaching the front bumper and pulling it ahead to remove the headlight assembly to then change the bulbs out in it then.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
very nice look MT ED.

And a BIT over zealous is an understatement. the manual way is absolute over kill lol.

If i can do it, ANYONE can. Trust me.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk. Pardon errors.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I take it that the manual is a bit over zealous on the steps to change the bulbs then. It involves detaching the front bumper and pulling it ahead to remove the headlight assembly to then change the bulbs out in it then.
That is utterly ridiculous. Even with my chubby little fingers it was a total breeze. Now when I did the bulbs (frequently) on my Caddy I had hands that ached for a day and usually looked like a rabid moggy went ballistic on them.

You accessed those bulbs (after removing the indicator/running light assembly) through a way small hole behind the headlamp. Brutal!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
hey Martin, I bet your Soul would fit on the hood of that Caddy ;)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Put a cat in a box, dont feed it for a week, poke it with a sharp stick several times a day, then put your tuna covered hand in to stroke it..... then you will know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts