Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Nexus One and LOVE IT! But it's super frustrating once paired with the Soul. Every 45 seconds you get another "connection complete"......EVERY 45 seconds.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Great phone.

Time to look at the settings, I have an Android phone and don't get any constant connected messages.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless i'm missing something i've played with every bluetooth setting on the phone. I previously had a myTouch 3G (android 1.6) connected to it with no issues. It appears the Android 2.1 doesn't get along with the bluetooth on the Soul.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Have you contacted google's phone support about it?

Looked on the forums?

Also, xdadevelopers.com and howardforums.com are great for phone questions.

Figure it out, I may be picking up a nexus one soon...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you contacted google's phone support about it?

Looked on the forums?

Also, xdadevelopers.com and howardforums.com are great for phone questions.

Figure it out, I may be picking up a nexus one soon...
Thusfar Google's support network for the phone hasn't made many people very happy. I have posted multiple places though, but i'm almost certain this is something that will have to be fixed with an update.

It's a great phone though...minus using it in your Soul you'll love it if you like Android.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok...Update time :)

Google passed an update to Android 2.1, now 2.1 Update 1 (how clever). As previously mentioned I kept getting "connection complete" every 45 seconds with the Nexus One paired to the car. It got so frustrating that I just turned off the bluetooth and didn't use it....I didn't realize exactly how much I did use it until I couldn't anymore.

Anyways....Update 1 installed, so I decide to give it another try. Pair, allow phonebook transfer, and i'm greeted with "Transfer Complete". Drove for about 20 more mins and never did drop the connection or hear anything else. Phone worked perfectly. I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I start the car again, but it may be fixed!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...That was a pipe dream. Same crap after the first success. God I hate Android. I wish the iPhone was available on carriers other than AT&T.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive tried everything, played with every setting......nada. I really want to love this phone, but android just has too many issues to effectively compete with the iphone. What really pisses me off is android 1.6 worked with the car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ever since i got rid of my nexus one, i have had the best experience with
the soul bluetooth. i got the sony equinox and it has performed
flawlessly. i did not get rid of my nexus one just because of the
bluetooth issues, i just don't need or want to carry around a big piece
of glass. i am an old school flip phone guy, and the sony is a very
cool modern flip phone.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
No, i'm not going through the trouble rooting a phone and potentially bricking it. I paid $529 for this thing...it should work. Android 2.1, in it's current state is a flawed product. If Apple would break off their reliance on AT&T I wouldn't even have to put up with all this crap.

Furthermore I don't see how anyone thinks Android's "open" market is so good. It's been around for over 2 years and it only has 20k apps. Of those 20k, a LARGE percentage aren't actually apps. It's page after page of themes, icon sets, and music lyrics. Even a vast majority of the apps will cause problems with the phone....That being said, i think Apple's QC'd system with 120,000+ apps that actually work are a much better choice (if it were on anything other than AT&T).

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I rooted my G1, way easier than I thought it would be.

Anyways, just because it doesn't work perfect with your vehicle, doesn't make it a flawed product. There are thousands of bluetooth phones, and thousands of bluetooth accessories out there. No one can cover everything with all of them.

Sorry it isn't working better.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rooted my G1, way easier than I thought it would be.

Anyways, just because it doesn't work perfect with your vehicle, doesn't make it a flawed product. There are thousands of bluetooth phones, and thousands of bluetooth accessories out there. No one can cover everything with all of them.

Sorry it isn't working better.
O, I realize that. But my point wasn't that it was flawed because it doesn't work with the Soul. It's flawed because Android is the windows vista of phone operating systems. Sure it does lots of cool stuff. But you constantly have to deal with quirks/glitches. Had I the chance to do it over again I would not go the android route. Sadly, Tmobile's lineup of phones sucks, so the options are slim.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wow, no discussing it with you then eh?

My wife works for T-Mobile, and I haven't had any problems at all. My G1 is a great phone, works great, I just have to know it is NOT a computer.

As for Android, i fully disagree, it is a fantastic system, and with barely a year under its belt, it is fantastic.

Most of what you said above, I feel about AT&T, not to mention Crapple and Iturds. I hate Itunes so frigging much. I won a video Ipod and lost it about 2 months later, didn't even care that thing was such a POS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts