Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies & Gents,

I just bought a 2014 Soul(Red Zone Edition) where I live(Dubai, U.A.E), and should be receiving it within the next couple of days. I am really excited about it, but I was bummed to read today about the steering problems & recall. Do you guys know if this problem only pertains to vehicles sold in the North American market? Or is it a worldwide problem? My dealer here was surprisingly not even aware of this issue.

Also, once I receive the car, how can I know when the car was manufactured? Can someone please be so kind & post a photo of the place where I can find this info.

Thanks & looking forward to being a proud owner of the Soul!

Regards,
Danny

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
784 Posts
VIN plate-on the driver side door jamb-gives month/year of manufacture. Think it is a North American market only. Don't be bummed out-KIA has FAR less recalls than Honda,Toyota,GM,Ford,Chrysler/Dodge,etc.

Please enter your car info in the "Drives" section of your profile.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Chances are good but not certain that the build date of the car you are getting is not in the date range of the recall. And if it is, chances are very good it will be fixed before you receive it. Enjoy your new Soul.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
welcome to the forum. If you haven't received your vehicle yet then it should not be effected as it was only on vehicles produced from July 21, 2013 - Jan 17, 2014. At this point we can't even confirm whether it effects any vehicles in Canada, so the info so far only applies to the US market.
Any vehicle affected would be corrected prior to be being delivered if required, this would happen as soon as its announced.
.....................................................................................................................................
Just recently saw the movie "Ghost Protocol" with Tom Cruise (great movie) and he was hanging out of the 130th floor on your tall building the Burj Khalifa - walking up the outside!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, so I just got my car & it was manufactured in April 2014. Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums! :applause:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and hi from San Francisco Bay!

Talk about extreme conditions! I'm thinking of how warm it gets where you are, and the temps listed in the owners manual. What is your experience on how the heat effects the cars there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts