Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Labor Day weekend, my mom, step-dad, and my baby sister and I went from Atlanta, GA up to NE Kentucky for a family reunion. At that time, my sister hadn't actually been in my Soul, but, I had insisted that we take my car instead of her Ford Expedition. She, reluctantly, agreed but had wanted to take hers.

We had a great time and, we also had plenty of room for our luggage and the passenger compartment was more than adequate. She did a good bit of the driving as well going and coming.

Then, a few days ago, we had a birthday celebration for my 87-year old mother. At that party, my sister informed me that the trip up to KY and back in my Soul had really impressed her. So much so, that she traded in her Expedition .... not on a Soul ... but on a Ford crossover. (They really stick to Fords for whatever reason.) She had been quite impressed with how roomy and solid the drive was and, she indicated that, even if she wasn't quite thrilled with the driving of her new car, getting 26 MPG instead of 11 MPG, makes it quite easy to stick with it. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Last Labor Day weekend, my mom, step-dad, and my baby sister and I went from Atlanta, GA up to NE Kentucky for a family reunion. At that time, my sister hadn't actually been in my Soul, but, I had insisted that we take my car instead of her Ford Expedition. She, reluctantly, agreed but had wanted to take hers.

We had a great time and, we also had plenty of room for our luggage and the passenger compartment was more than adequate. She did a good bit of the driving as well going and coming.

Then, a few days ago, we had a birthday celebration for my 87-year old mother. At that party, my sister informed me that the trip up to KY and back in my Soul had really impressed her. So much so, that she traded in her Expedition .... not on a Soul ... but on a Ford crossover. (They really stick to Fords for whatever reason.) She had been quite impressed with how roomy and solid the drive was and, she indicated that, even if she wasn't quite thrilled with the driving of her new car, getting 26 MPG instead of 11 MPG, makes it quite easy to stick with it. :)
So, this is a plug for Ford?

·
Registered
95 Posts
People are always surprised at the interior room when they get in my Soul. It does look pretty tiny on the outside.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,602 Posts
Baby steps. The Soul got her out of the Expedition & into an Escape. Now that she's comfortable in a "right sized" vehicle, she'll get tired of the problems with the Ford & move over to a better built KIA.

Nice work Lewis!

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Reactions: JavaMeister

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts