Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on business today in the Orlando, FL, area. I have seen about 7 Soul Plus non sunroof models around town today. Needless to say, I was surprised.
Does anyone know if any of the rental car companies have the Soul in their fleets? I sure hope not! That is not good for our resale value. Phillip

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just did a search for car rentals in Orlando and didn't see a Soul in the mix. For what it's worth....I've had my soul for slightly over a month and have yet to see another Soul on the road in my area. Last week I went to Florida and didn't see a single Soul on the way there. Once I got there (Destin/Ft. Walton Beach) I saw quite a few. I think they're just popular on the beach scene. I hope anyways - cause I too would hate to see what it would do to our resale values if they became part of a rental fleet.

...would make parts plentiful though!

·
Registered
154 Posts
i saw a nissan cube that was a rental vehicle that drove from alberta to bc... i think it was a budget rental.

with that being said, it's quite possible that the soul could be used. on my last trip to vegas, there were a few Kias in the rental facility.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can rent Minis here and BMWs... does that damage the image? I think not. Does it affect resale value? I wish!
Kris

·
Registered
445 Posts
How does rentals affect resale?
Floods the market with late-model low-mileage vehicles as the fleets churn. For those of us who drive our cars until they rust out from under us it's not an issue, but for those who see a little more "investment" value in a car, or who like to trade up as soon as the pricipal due drops below market value, this can be a disaster. Like trying to sell your house for the $80,000 you owe when the place next door was foreclosed and sold for $15,000.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where in Orlando did you see these 7 Souls?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where in Orlando did you see these 7 Souls?
I saw all of them on I drive between the Holiday Inn and the Prime Outlets. One was parked in the HI parking lot. I looked for a sticker that would give it away as a rental. There was actually one but no name - just numers. phillip

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was going to post this same question. I'm an Orlando resident, but was "vacationing" in Disney last week as I had relatives in town. Every parking lot at Disney world had at least 1 Kia Soul. Mind you, these are huge parking lots, but the license plates were in-state Florida plates, and I noticed 1 Soul had a business-card sized UPC sticker on the passenger window. I thought this was odd as I haven't seen many Souls driving around elsewhere in the city.

Hoping they are in the fleets and I would not mind buying a cheap low mileage used Soul as a second car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Couple things to take note of.
1) I believe that Hertz uses the single number tags on the windshield on the to driverside corner.
2) Theres a dealership in Daytona that tags vehichles like this to keep track of their inventory, and they tag them on the driverside lower corner.
3) As far as the business card UPS codes, those typically are for gated coumnities (a crapload in Florida) or for any entrance that requires opening a gate. There is a laser that reads the barcode to open the gate.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hoping they are in the fleets and I would not mind buying a cheap low mileage used Soul as a second car.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That's great a long as you are not interested in getting much for either one when it comes time to sell. phillip

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hoping they are in the fleets and I would not mind buying a cheap low mileage used Soul as a second car.
Yeah. That's great a long as you are not interested in getting much for either one when it comes time to sell. phillip[/QUOTE]

Amen....This is why the trade-in value on a Ford Taurus or a Chevy Malibu is jack. They're both heavily used as fleet cars. Not to mention the sure fire way to kill the 'trendy-cool' of the Soul would be the make it a fleet car.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
at least if they hit the rental fleets - we will soon find out how fast a Soul can really go!!!.....and how quickly they fall to bits without the constant pampering we give them.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I heard comment that the Soul isnt selling that well in Korea!.....anyone verify that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago and Alamo/National had 3 or 4 Souls for rent. Maybe it will help them catch on and be more popular?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts