Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took possession of a 2012 Soul Plus (Titanium) last Thursday, 2/9/12. It the red (Molten) was a metallic red, I would have bought that one. Also, I optioned for the sun roof and leather seats. I love the car. I researched this vehicle and its similar competitors and always came back to this one. You just couldn't beat the value in this price range. I debated whether to buy the Soul or the Nissan Juke, but the Juke uses premium gas, and in this economy, I just refuse to pay for premium. Besides the Soul was roomier, better equipped, and used regular gas.
I read in the forum that it takes a few weeks to break in the car in order to attain the advertised mileage of 26-34. I took it out for a spin on Friday and put 300 miles on it. I got it up to 30.5 mpg on the highway. However, on my daily round trips (about 12 miles round trip) to and from work, I am only getting 21.2 to 22 mpg on the vehicle. Have others experienced this? If so, how long does it take to bring up the advertised city mpgs of 26? Are there any tricks to improving the mpgs? I am hoping to get it to be at least 25-26 mpgs eventually.
The car drives and handles like a dream. I love all of the features that were given as standards in this vehicle. What the Soul had as standards, other manufacturers had them as options. I also really appreciate the instructional videos for KIA owners on its KIA.com website. They were easy to understand and follow.
My previous vehicle, a 2003 Ford Taurus, had 105,000 miles on it, but it was ready to trade in. I had good luck with that vehicle, and I hope to have the same luck with my KIA Soul.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,120 Posts
Howdy and welcome! :)

Congrats on your purchase!

Sent from my HTC Inspire using AutoGuide

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Your new Soul may take awhile to break in, before you see optimal gas consumption. I too was wary of buying a premium fuel vehicle, but unlike you I chose the molten! :) I hope you continue to enjoy your new baby and the forums! Good luck! and welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts