Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outdoor temperature gauge in my 2012 Exclaim displays in Celsius, not Farenheit. This display is near the odometer and trip meters. Is there an easy way to reset this?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well, my go to resource would be the car's user manual. BUTTTTT, it sounds like we're going to shoot in the dark:

I'm assuming that you press and hold the trip odo button for an extended amount of time.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You know, in all honesty the system of measurements that we use is SOOO bad that even the nation that invented it doesn't use it anymore. I think you should just keep in in Celsius mode for the betterment of society.

METRIC SYSTEM RULES!!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I'm an engineer by trade so I only resort to the manual after I've played around with everything first. Most of the time, I can figure out what I need by just playing with the different buttons and settings. If all else fails, I resort to the manual.
Then and only then, if I can't figure it out, I'll ask on the forums (but that hasn't happened yet)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Easier way to fix it, press the trip button until the range mileage appears, then press and hold the trip button until it changes the display in the temperature.
Problem solved.

@kelmain: "spoiling you learn"? I don't know (rough translation)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not an engineer, just a photographer / musician. I was at work. Didn't have the "FM" in front of me to read. So just thought I'd throw out a friendly question. Wrong place, wrong time??

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,160 Posts
Not an engineer, just a photographer / musician. I was at work. Didn't have the "FM" in front of me to read. So just thought I'd throw out a friendly question. Wrong place, wrong time??
right place, but it would have been helpful to know that info in your initial question, could save some wrong thoughts. ;)

Did you know you can download the owners manual in pdf form from KGIS?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts