Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to tie down members of the SCO to come out and do a serious photo-shoot. Last night it just happened with zero notice. A few PM's a few phone calls and messages and there were 5 cars out for a drive and to take pictures. The car-park we used is virtually empty at night and has lighting that creates pools of light. Makes for interesting photos and contrasts.

Every car here has previously won Soul Of The Month here on KSF...............enjoy.

SoulSailor's recently lowered Titanium.

Gary Townshend's Soul Train with SoulSailor's car in the background.

Marc's Vanilla Shake with SS and Gary's cars in the background.

Our Onyx with Marc, SS's and Gary's cars in the background.

Homer1's very red Soul with hub-mounted LEDs. SS and Gary in background.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,091 Posts
Great pics! :drool

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow! Those are gorgeous cars.

I have a question: Those all have roof racks on them. The Soul I just got has bars, but they are different. I've noticed most Souls don't have them. Is it some kind of option or something? I've never seen those before.

Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Wow! Those are gorgeous cars.

I have a question: Those all have roof racks on them. The Soul I just got has bars, but they are different. I've noticed most Souls don't have them. Is it some kind of option or something? I've never seen those before.

Just curious.
I believe that roof bars are either standard or offered in Canada. They are not offered in the US by Kia but there are after market bars that can be found. The best looking, I think, are from SSD (SSD Performance). You can google them and look at what they offer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ah, thanks for the information, Shaggy! Upon looking, it is the SSD bars I have on mine. Now I know why they say SSD on them. I didn't know what that meant.

So Canadians get nicer Souls than anyone else? Anyone know why?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh, and I thought it was base, Plus, and Exclaim. What's a "Burner"? I'm thinking a Canadian trim package not available anywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Oh, and I thought it was base, Plus, and Exclaim. What's a "Burner"? I'm thinking a Canadian trim package not available anywhere else.
There are different combos and names in various countries. Not all are the same. Originally in the US there was the base, plus, exclaim, and sport. But in Canada, they had different names for the trim levels. I am not sure of the names there, have to ask one of them from the north.

As far as the roof racks go, we had a healthy discussion about whey they weren't offered in the US and I believe that answer was that originally they were but they marked up the paint on some of the cars and US laws allowed Kia to be liable for the damage and so they withdrew them here. Anyway, I think that was it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In Canada we have "2u" for the 1.6 L engine model, "4u" for the 2.0 L engine. Then in the 4u model of Soul, there was the base 4u model, then the "Retro" trim level, then the "Burner" trim level, then finally the "Luxury".

Retro had a greeny interior pattern. The burner had a red interior, and also had the upgraded stereo and push button start, etc. The luxury has the normal interior but all the gadgets, GPS, leather seats etc.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Burn baby, burn.

Retro.

I've seen photographic evidence that the Burner was available in the UK and Russia.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi ,

The "Burner" package is red/black interior, and in Canada we also have the "Retro" package as well which is cream/black interior with houndstooth seats.

burner.jpg
Burner

retro.jpg
Retro - just like mine :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
In Canada we have "2u" for the 1.6 L engine model, "4u" for the 2.0 L engine. Then in the 4u model of Soul, there was the base 4u model, then the "Retro" trim level, then the "Burner" trim level, then finally the "Luxury".
not very accurate on your info the Base is called the 1.6L model, the 2u and 4u have the same 2.0L engine, the Retro and Burner 4u models were discontinued in the early 2013 model year.
Roof rails are not standard on all Canadian models, only on the 2u and 4u models except the Luxury 4u model.
However, all the model names are changing for the 2014 model year. It will be LX, EX and SX.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts