Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Club of Ontario Make Front Page!

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  MT-ED 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, at least the front page of today's Globe & Mail newspaper in the DRIVE section. Not seen it yet. Soul Sailor did an interview with them the other day.

#8 ·
I like the article quite a bit! Pretty cool for Don and Heather to have their story published in the newspaper like that. You can't beat the free publicity either -- article reflected very positive in regards to SCO.

EDIT: Also cool that my Soul made the newspaper because of it!

#9 ·
The article was not as I intended. It was not to be a story of Don and I but a story about the Soul Club and the many adventures all of us have had in it. There were a few mistakes in the story, it should say Florida not Texas ( I apologize to Buzz) and Tempest does not live in London just to name a few. They left out lots of things too that were very positive and complimentary. Yes even about you Martin and Marc and your photography. I did try to contact you for photos and input. There were also lots of personal things I wish they would not have published.

All in all it was not worth it for the flack I have taken. The post for "Ashleigh Madison" service was totally uncalled for and made us look even worse and I take it as a personal insult.

I have had some positive feed back on the article as well and the paper says they have had many calls.
Publicity for the Soul Club of Ontario was what the article was intended for and for recognition of Kias as a whole. We have had some new members come into Soul Club of Ontario lately but not sure if it is because of the article.

#13 ·
I found the article yesterday while doing a search for 2014 Kia soul....new news, and thought it was pretty lame. However, having been in clubs that have gotten into the "papers", lame is almost praiseworthy compaired to the hatchet jobs I've seen. I remember someone in the SCA remarking that they always interview either the "worst dressed person or the least dressed person" (preferably young female).
Be glad you're a car club, and not a motorcycle club. (you don't want to know!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.