Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Im new to the forums here. I have not yet purchased my kia soul but will have one very soon. The only concern of mine is the cargo room. We have a daughter and I was wondering how your experiences were with the cargo space on like road trips and stuff. For those it applies to, how did your stroller and every fit in the trunk? I just love the kia soul and am very anxious to get one, but this is the only thing that is concerning me. Also im sorry if there are some threads on this already, I just want your input on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have not tried to fit the stroller in there. Ours is pretty big the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe. I know it definitely would not fit in laying normally, but it might fit on its side that is if it isn't too long. My son is nearly 3, and we haven't used the stroller very much. What I can tell you is one day we wanted to bring his Step 2 wagon with us, and it would not fit at all. I don't know where you position your car seat, but we have him in the middle. I guess if we didn't already have a Honda Pilot SUV to fall back on for more room, we could've moved his seat to one of the outboard seats of the Soul and put down the back seat, and the stroller or a wagon could fit in that way. I have went grocery shopping and was afraid the first time thinking that all the groceries I bought wouldn't fit, but they did as I stacked things on top of one another.

I love my Soul, but I got it mostly for the commute to work. It surprisingly has a lot of room for as small as it looks from the outside, but if we are going on long road trips and had a bunch of large luggage, we would take our SUV.

As Desert Soul said, I would go to the dealership and check it out with all your stuff. Have fun!

·
Registered
214 Posts
The floor area is 44" x 24"... I read that the quattro tour folds down to 24" wide and ~40" long, so it should fit "flat"...

I was a graco mosaic man myself- folded accordian style in half, fit easily in an aveo hatch cargo area, so it might be a good choice for soul owners.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a Soul because I needed a car to haul my son around. We can fit our full-sized stroller in the hatch area and still have room for his diaper bag. You probably can't fit a jogging stroller in there easily, though.

A list of some of the things I've fit in my Soul's hatch:

Ten bags of groceries
Six (50lb?) bags water softener salt
A push mower, push handle detached, a line trimmer, a 50yd extension cord, and a 5 gallon gas can
A 90lb malamute

But not all at once.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
as was mentioned, best thing it to take the items you are concerned about to the dealership and try (or a friends Soul) to know for sure, but keep in mind depending on the model, you can remove the rear floor cover and storage compartment tray for increased storage behind the rear seats (base models won't have this).
Here is some dimensions that I checked out on mine

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've been able to fit 3 large suitcases in the back with the rear seat up. As for a stroller, I'd use one of those umbrella strollers when driving the Soul on short trips to the store.

Not so good for my other job. For that I use the Lincoln Town Car, hauls a lot of cargo.......seven Filipinos (don't ask) or three Italians, shovels, lime..........sorry, mafioso side coming out in me :eek:.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just went outside to see if the stroller would fit, and it definitely does not fit flat. I had to turn it on it's side which leaves no room for anything else. Tried to turn the front wheels every which way to see if I could get it to squeeze in but no go.

FLAT
20120831_125816.jpg

SIDEWAYS
20120831_125906.jpg

Granted this stroller is huge and heavy, but when I bought it, I never thought I would downsize my car. Good excuse to buy an umbrella stroller.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been able to fit 3 large suitcases in the back with the rear seat up. As for a stroller, I'd use one of those umbrella strollers when driving the Soul on short trips to the store.

Not so good for my other job. For that I use the Lincoln Town Car, hauls a lot of cargo.......seven Filipinos (don't ask) or three Italians, shovels, lime..........sorry, mafioso side coming out in me :eek:.
LOL, seven filipinos! I'm sure they are probably all small unlike my family, My brother and I are mutant filipinos, I'm 5'9" and my brother is 6"4, dad 5'10" and mom 5'6"...guess they are tall for filipino standards.

·
Registered
728 Posts
With only one child, you'll have plenty of room, even for road trips since you can just take an umbrella stroller. I was surprised to find I could fit our huge tandem "Sit-And-Stand Plus" stroller in the cargo area as well:

Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Infant Car Seat Stroller - Walmart.com

I keep thinking that I'll come across some issue that's going to make me get a bigger car, but alas nothing has popped up. Maybe once the kids are old enough to start slepping around a bunch of sporting goods. Thankfully that's a few years off. Although, I'll probably get the new car bug long before then. I've recently been browsing trying to find a used SHO for an affordable price, LOL.

·
Registered
146 Posts
With only one child, you'll have plenty of room, even for road trips since you can just take an umbrella stroller. I was surprised to find I could fit our huge tandem "Sit-And-Stand Plus" stroller in the cargo area as well:

Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Infant Car Seat Stroller - Walmart.com

I keep thinking that I'll come across some issue that's going to make me get a bigger car, but alas nothing has popped up. Maybe once the kids are old enough to start slepping around a bunch of sporting goods. Thankfully that's a few years off. Although, I'll probably get the new car bug long before then. I've recently been browsing trying to find a used SHO for an affordable price, LOL.
WOW, when I saw that you were able to fit that stroller in the Soul, I was shocked because it looks a lot bigger than our stroller. But when I compared the dimensions, mine is 24" wide where yours is 21.5" wide. If it weren't for that 2.5"!

·
Registered
456 Posts
LOL, seven filipinos! I'm sure they are probably all small unlike my family, My brother and I are mutant filipinos, I'm 5'9" and my brother is 6"4, dad 5'10" and mom 5'6"...guess they are tall for filipino standards.
Geez, that IS tall...But I haven't been to the Philippines so what do I know. But I've been to San Diego (close enough! Ha!). Melodina (my Island Girl) is just under 5'.....love my shorty! All her family in Cebu and in ****** are all about the same height, maybe just a smidgen taller. I'm 5'11" and Italian.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input guys! Me and the wifey are going to do the cargo test at the dealership tommarrow. There is just something about the soul I dont get in other cars and its actually really weird. I just hope my wife is satisfied with the cargo room...haha.

·
Registered
966 Posts
No problem with strollers or old people walkers in the back cargo space while the back seat is in the up & lock position. However, I did have problem last week fitting a folded up wheelchair back there. It fit fine in the back seat, and I thought at the time that it was just a matter of looking how to fit the feet rests in at a different angle when I didn't feel rushed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We can fit a full size tuba w/ case in our Soul w/ no problem. We took the tuba to the dealer to make sure it would fit. TPH

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
We can fit a full size tuba w/ case in our Soul w/ no problem. We took the tuba to the dealer to make sure it would fit. TPH
talk about being a well-prepared car buyer...very nicely done! :)

[Sent from HTC Inspire. Pardon errors.]

·
Registered
22 Posts
The cargo room is my main gripe with this car but what can you expect? I was driving a Silverado crew cab and didn't realize how much I used the bed for hauling larger items and/or things I don't want inside a vehicle (recycle bin for example). I'll probably be looking for an older model truck I can use to haul and tow stuff...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts