Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a Soul today and while the salesman was xeroxing my license and getting a dealer plate I paired my Sprint HTC Hero to see how it works. It paired and transferred the address book (which takes forever since I have several hundred contacts).

The one thing I noticed is that on my phone is shows the soul with a headphone icon while with the uConnect in my Dodge Magnum is shows a phone handset icon. Unfortunately I did not get to make or receive a call so I'm worried that the Hero only supports a headset profile with the soul instead of a handsfree profile and therefore may not operate fully.

Is anyone using a Hero (or sprint HTC Hero or VZW Droid Eris) with the Soul and does everything work?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I test drove a Soul today and while the salesman was xeroxing my license and getting a dealer plate I paired my Sprint HTC Hero to see how it works. It paired and transferred the address book (which takes forever since I have several hundred contacts).

The one thing I noticed is that on my phone is shows the soul with a headphone icon while with the uConnect in my Dodge Magnum is shows a phone handset icon. Unfortunately I did not get to make or receive a call so I'm worried that the Hero only supports a headset profile with the soul instead of a handsfree profile and therefore may not operate fully.

Is anyone using a Hero (or sprint HTC Hero or VZW Droid Eris) with the Soul and does everything work?
Nexus One (Android 2.1) doesn't work well with it. Every 45 seconds you get to hear "Connection Complete".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my Shadow Soul + this past Saturday and I paired up and synched my Sprint HTC Hero in a minute calls come through loud and clear people dont believe I am not talkng on the phone. I am very impressed with my Soul + and my friends are thinking about getting one for themselves

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hero works with it but I have had to contend with a terrible tapping noise. Sprint says they didn't do it, Kia says it's not their fault either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts