Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please be aware..Potential purchasers of a Soul 1. They DO NOT come with a rear top parcel shelf so anyone can look in the back window and see what valuables you have in your boot.
This isn't mentioned in the Sales blurb and Ive taken it up with the dealer and Kia UK and their stock answer is NO.

So if you are considering purchasing one...Make sure the Dealership knows you want one and don't pay extra for it.
I wish I had known!
This only affects Soul 1 !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From Red Zman. You also shouldn't keep things in your car you can't afford to lose.

What a ******* response! This topic wasn't about losing things. It was about Kia stitching me up. And if youve ever had a window popped, which I have, the inconvenience is a pain in the butt. Kia has effecively sold me a car without the most basic security device. ie keep it out of sight!!

·
Banned
587 Posts
From Red Zman. You also shouldn't keep things in your car you can't afford to lose.

What a ******* response! This topic wasn't about losing things. It was about Kia stitching me up. And if youve ever had a window popped, which I have, the inconvenience is a pain in the butt. Kia has effecively sold me a car without the most basic security device. ie keep it out of sight!!
actually pretty much common-sense - cars are stolen every day - with all their contents - we just need to assess the degree of risk we will accept in order to attain some level of convenience -

actually, the standard window tint on most sole models make it pretty hard to make out what is in the boot - and, i'd wager the majority of covers are probably taken out after a few weeks and stowed elsewhere after the owners decide they are more bother than help -

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

It wasn't a ******* response, or even a *** **** * *** * ****** response.

It is basic knowledge my man. If you leave it in your car, someone else can get it if they want it.

I've had several of my cars broken into, hence why I don't leave anything I can't afford to lose, inside them.

Keeping it out of your car, DOES keep it out of sight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well sorry pal I still think its a ******* ****** response...How on earth do you remove articles if you are away from home? There's times where I have to carry tools, prams, etc etc and I can't always remove them. I still think its a poor show from Kia to sell a car without a parcel shelf when all of the fittings exist.. And to rub salt into the wound both Kia UK, Customer Support AND the Dealer both agree with me.
Nowhere in the sales brochure does it tell you that this is omitted. Its a bit like buying a car and finding out it doesn't have a spare wheel!
Mind you I still love the car and have managed to locate a cover from elsewhere!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Bah, that's a ** * ** ** * ** **** reply.

Hahaha..

It also doesn't say anywhere in those same documents that it IS included. Shouldn't presume. It's not like they charged you for one and didn't include it, right? The dealer, Customer Support, Jesus, and God may agree with you, but they didn't include it or say that they were going to.

As for your tools, prams (WTF is a pram? "I have to push the pram a lot!"), and the like, lock them up, get a good alarm, or park in a garage. You can' only do what you can do brother, don't forget that. If you are away from home, take them into the hotel/motel/hostel with you.

That's what I do (although never with a pram).

I feel you, but I can't reach you. A drill sergeant of mine back in the 90's would say that, and I find it appropriate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't know about Kia in your part of the world.(or any other car manufacturer) but here in the UK there is a spec sheet which actually tells you what you get with every model. It doesn't tell you what you don't get!
So like a spare wheel, like a tool kit, etc etc I,and my supplier, expected to get the upper parcel shelf.
Thats all, no more no less.
And maybe I should have used the term "Buggy" for pram! As regards to locking stuff in the garage!..Well that goes without saying..its when Im away from home that I felt vulnerable with everything on show.Not neccesarily staying away but I do work "around the doors" for friends and family and need my tools on a day to day basis. We have a Police campaign going which tells you to keep valuables out of sight. You cant do that in a Soul1. Its the only car Ive seen or owned that has this drawback but as mentioned before I have solved it.
My original posting (which you seemed to have missed) was to warn others BEFORE they placed an order. Insist on it with the Dealer and you get it free of charge,as mentioned by other Soul1 owners in the UK. I just wished I had been informed!
Maybe you dont see my point of view but hey ho that's what makes life interesting.....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Don't know about Kia in your part of the world.(or any other car manufacturer) but here in the UK there is a spec sheet which actually tells you what you get with every model. It doesn't tell you what you don't get!
So like a spare wheel, like a tool kit, etc etc I,and my supplier, expected to get the upper parcel shelf.
Okay, so back to my other question...

Did this Spec Sheet say that you were supposed to get one?

Here, yes, we get a window sticker that has all of the parts, OEM and optional, that are included on your specific car.

My original posting (which you seemed to have missed) was to warn others BEFORE they placed an order. Insist on it with the Dealer and you get it free of charge,as mentioned by other Soul1 owners in the UK. I just wished I had been informed!
Maybe you dont see my point of view but hey ho that's what makes life interesting.....
I didn't miss it my man.

And did you just call me a ho? LOL

I do understand, and I keep a small rolled blanket in the back of my vehicles for just this purpose. Cover it up if I don't want it seen.

I have a cover coming in for my Soul from a vendor on my website, so yeah, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

·
Registered
323 Posts
at the risk of getting sucked into this one.. I have to say that with the windows tinted as they are, you really have to cup your hands and press your face to the glass to see in. I too just keep a black towel for covering anything of potential appeal. Of course, if they want to, they'll just smash your window anyway to have a look at at what's under the towel or rear deck cover. Some of the best security is a dirty car!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.