Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know that just pisses me off when they do that. Door dings/dents! They fly them doors open and they dont care. I try to park away from everyone but it almost impossible with some parking lots.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I haven't gotten even the first parking lot ding in mine in 11 months (knock on wood). Something I have noticed since I moved here 18+ years ago is that folks in this area are much more careful about not dinging other peoples vehicles, even those who are driving crashers. Having lived on the right coast, I'm all to familiar with the way some idiots over there simply don't give a crap about anothers property. It is extremely rare to see even used cars sitting at a dealership with any door dings in this area.

Reactions: Giant

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
God that sucks.

I thought I had it bad when I got doored just a fews into owning my Soul by this ******* at a regional wrestling tournament:

If I would have been able to meet all the following criteria, I would have done a pile driver on his hood.
-guarantee the high school I was at didn't have surveillance cameras
-wouldn't have had my sons with me (don't want them to know that mom was right and that dad really is an *******)
-knew beyond 99% of doubt that my car did not have the ding in it the day before when I hand washed it
-knew I would have been able to sleep at night after destroying someone else's car

·
Registered
597 Posts
I haven't gotten even the first parking lot ding in mine in 11 months (knock on wood). Something I have noticed since I moved here 18+ years ago is that folks in this area are much more careful about not dinging other peoples vehicles, even those who are driving crashers. Having lived on the right coast, I'm all to familiar with the way some idiots over there simply don't give a crap about anothers property. It is extremely rare to see even used cars sitting at a dealership with any door dings in this area.
Im originally from NC, and it's been my experience that people in the country are just much more considerate. I've been living in South Florida for almost 10 years now, and it's safe to say that I have never been surrounded by people that are so rude, inconsiderate, and self-absorbed. (Except Rodville... He's a stand-up guy...ha ha). It's just all these other jerks. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the bad news this morning... ~ $800 in damage.

Thank goodness for insurance. One thing is for sure is I will be inspecting my vehicle in parking lots a lot more often.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Got the bad news this morning... ~ $800 in damage.

Thank goodness for insurance. One thing is for sure is I will be inspecting my vehicle in parking lots a lot more often.
I would definitely have a really good paintless dent guy look at it first before I let a body shop add filler and paint and have an insurance claim on my record that stays there for years.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Be grateful it's just a ding instead of being broadsided like me with $5k in damage. I'd take a ding any day over the damage of my 9 month old Exclaim with 8,800mi on it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Same thing happened to me about a year ago and now I have a fender ding on the front driver side and it pi$$es me off every time I see it (which happens to be every time I get in the car...ugh.)

·
Registered
600 Posts
That sux! Do see a paintless guy first. My daughter had one of those basketball goals with the base you put san in fall across the front fender of her Tahoe, the pipe hit the top of the fender and the paintless guy fixed it! If you get a good one they can work miracles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts