Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and took off ...... :mad: Sitting at light ... right lane ... waiting to turn ... one car in front of me ...one row of cars behind me and beside me .... light turns green.... left lane goes .... car in front of me does nothing ..... car behind me apparently watching left lane ... takes off and clobbers my rear end .... and takes off .... WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND ....
So I get out expecting major stuff because of the way it felt , luckily ... no paint damage , busted out one tag light , and messed up the grey plastic thing in the center of the bumper .... so I sure hope I can get just this peice ..... speaking of "peice" the thing that hit me was a late 90s early 2000's Ford Explorer ... no insurance I am quite sure ....​

·
Registered
904 Posts
A. either that car is a crash magnet with bad luck or B. its so cool that people are hypnotized when they see it because I've almost had someone smash into me twice and both times they were looking in my direction.

Sorry to hear about your wreck, I hope it gets fixed good enough that you still like it. In the past when I got in a wreck I've never liked the car as much as I did before the wreck even when its repaired. Never seems quite right after that. Doesn't drive like new and little squeaks develop and its just a mess.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Glad to hear no paint damage! That is always a good first sign. Trust me! If it was me I would have been on the phone with the police giving information.

·
Registered
728 Posts
B. its so cool that people are hypnotized when they see it because I've almost had someone smash into me twice and both times they were looking in my direction.
Yep, I agree with 'B'

I watched a lady almost jump the curb while going around a corner because she staired at me while I was waiting a the stop sign for her.

The world is full of dem dare idjits.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
In Holland is it not a problem you are assured for that.

Regards,

Crazy Dutchman RelenaRelena

·
Registered
332 Posts
..... car behind me apparently watching left lane ... takes off and clobbers my rear end .... and takes off
Wait....So they're behind you, rear end you, then back up and go around you and you didn't follow them to at least get their tag number?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
:( but at least no real damage which is good to know b/c these little things seem like they would be smooshed real easy :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello From Florida

Oh Man sorry about that ~~~some people just dont care man until it happens to them then they scream like little babies ~~~sorry it happened to your poor soul ( and you ) but on a good note you are ok :mad:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys .... like I said damage was really minimal , I was very lucky it was'nt worse , and I did'nt have paint damage .... but it sure felt bad .
I called the dealer today , and the grey peice in the center is replaceable , so I ordered that ( $75.00 ) and a new tag light , and light socket ,supposed to be here Friday morning , so I will be out $ 100 , and my time, which is less than my deductable . I have never had to use my insurance , and don't want to if I don't have to .
To explian my actions last night ... It happened so quick .... but instead of putting it in park , I pulled up a little bit and got over , when i stepped out ... they went , along with a whole line of cars that had no idea what had happened , because like I said , the car that hit me had already stoped , and a whole line of cars was behind them ..... the car in front of ME stalled , and the lane next to me took off , the person behind my took off .... into my bumper .... I know I should have put it in park and got out ... but I was so stunned ....
The bumper skin has to be removed to replace the grey piece ..... so while I'm in there I will take some pics for fun​

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm glad nobody was hurt (especially you)....Initially. Also really glad to hear the damage is easily repairable and requires no paint work.

But you're in Bama...It's in our genetics to chase down a hit and run-er and reign blows upon them. I bet if you frequented the area it happened in at roughly the same time for a few days you'd see that SUV and could provide them with a subtle reminder of why it's rude to hit and run.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. The most important thing though is that you are ok.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
What a Family here it's the Soul that does it.

RelenaRelena

1 - 20 of 34 Posts