Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 201 Kia Soul S.
I also have a 2010 Kia Soul.
Does Kia make a foam storage bin that fits over the spare tire for the 2021?
I tried the 2010 foam storage bin but it is too big.
I also see that Kia makes two plastic covers for this area. One is a lower one that fits over the spare tire and the other is a larger one that fits on the top, thus allowing the spare tire area to be the same height as the seats when the seats are down.
Question: Can both the upper and lower pieces be used together to make two hard service areas?
Does Kia sell a rug to go over the upper cover?

·
Registered
29 Posts
They do not make an insert like the Gen 2 had. The cover on my 2020 slides out and goes into either of the positions above the spare level or sunk in on top of the spare. As for using two I guess a person could but there would not be much room. I have seen on here someone took a Gen2 insert and cut it down in height and width to fit the Gen 3. My Kia came with an all-weather protector over the cover in the rear.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
. I have seen on here someone took a Gen2 insert and cut it down in height and width to fit the Gen 3. My Kia came with an all-weather protector over the cover in the rear.
I was the one who modified the foam tray, if you can get one at a wrecker it isn't hard. Just measure and cut carefully. I used construction adhesive to glue it back together. It also involved cutting some material off the height as well as making it narrower. If you look at the soul accessory questions thread in the GEN3 section you will see pics of the finished tray.

Pat.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,397 Posts
Just for fun I tried the sites Advanced Search function and turns out there are discussions on the same subject. Might have some info for you to gaze upon.

Search results for query: Storage bin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts