Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.My car is Kia optima 2006 and it has the check light ON, I have had unplugged the battery and it comes OFF for about 2 days, but again it comes ON. please I'd like to know what OBDII scanner or code reader is compatible with my van and will give me the information. I'm a rookie in mechanic but i like it. Multi-Diag Access J2534 ?What about it?Can it used for my car?Thanks.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
wouldn't your post be more effective if you posted it asking for help in the Optima forum. :confused: This is a forum for Soul's!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello.My car is Kia optima 2006 and it has the check light ON, I have had unplugged the battery and it comes OFF for about 2 days, but again it comes ON. please I'd like to know what OBDII scanner or code reader is compatible with my van and will give me the information. I'm a rookie in mechanic but i like it. Multi-Diag Access J2534 ?What about it?Can it used for my car?Thanks.
That looks like it would work, but it seems expensive. I use one of these, cost me about $50 on sale, regular price is about $90.

Autel

·
Registered
219 Posts
That looks like it would work, but it seems expensive. I use one of these, cost me about $50 on sale, regular price is about $90.

Autel
You're living up to the Scottish stereotype perfectly there.. getting the scan tool on sale haha! Although I admit I do enjoy a wee bargain myself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You're living up to the Scottish stereotype perfectly there.. getting the scan tool on sale haha! Although I admit I do enjoy a wee bargain myself.
No point in paying full price if you don't need to, though sometimes I suspect the 'sale' price is actually the normal price, and the 'regular' price is for people who can't wait until it's on sale.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I dont know how things are where you live.
But All the autoparts stores around me have a code scanner tool that they let you use for free. So you could try that if you didn't want to spend any money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts