Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
There's something missing Martin....I can't think of what is missing...

Oh WAIT! I know...
You need some Reflective Red tape on your M8!

You should have taken photos of it on The Other Side of the Fence. You know that the Grass is greener there right ;)

Looking Good Martin!

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have to get it on a 4-post lift. I've covered the entire floor-pan in red reflective tape, but I haven't been able to get under it since to take pictures. The underside of the hood and the glove box are also lined with reflectarouge. I've got the glovebox set up through the Blue-tooth so that when you open it the sound of a Heavenly choir comes over the speakers ;)

I don't know if I've ever properly explained to people the M8 badge on the tailgate:

Kia owner: The numbers all go to eight. Look, right across the tailgate, eight, eight, eight and...

BMW designer:
Oh, I see. And M-series BMWs go up to six?

Kia owner:
Exactly. M3, M5, M6.

BMW designer:
Does that mean it's faster? Is it any faster?

Kia owner:
Well, it's two higher, isn't it? It's not six. You see, most blokes, you know, will be driving a BMW M6. You're on six here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on six in your M-series. Where can you go from there? Where?

BMW designer:
I don't know.

Kia owner:
Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

BMW designer:
Put an M8 badge on it.

Kia owner:
M8. Exactly. Two better.

BMW designer:
Why don't you just make six better and make six be the top number and make that a little better?

Kia owner:
[pause] This is my Soul M8.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very nice...those wheels are killer. First multi-spoke wheel I've seen that looks good.

What are the specs on them?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i dont think i have ever seen quite so many pics of a black soul abandoned next to a road..... does it break down a lot?......lol (sweet).

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think i have ever seen quite so many pics of a black soul abandoned next to a road..... does it break down a lot?......lol (sweet).
Yeah, every time it breaks down I send a picture to Kia as proof ;) The warranty is excellent. They fix it and send me a photo of the mechanic driving past the camera.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
lol..... its like the story of the speeder who demanded the authorities send him as verification a picture of himself driving the car whilst speeding..... he recieved a picture back of a prison cell with the door open!!!....lol

Credit where credit is due..... how you manage to keep a black car that clean is amazing....well done.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simple. I only take pictures of it when it's clean. In this case I was on my way to Mosport to watch the Canadian round of the American LeMans series. I returned from there with the car covered in brown dust.

This weekend we went through the local car wash on Friday and I chamoised the car dry, wiped down the rims, etc. The next day, we got caught in a brief shower and the car looked like crap again. Can't win. Even though we have had a lot of hot, dry weather lately, the air is full of crap. Every dark coloured car you see is covered in a layer of pollen and dust..........unless it's just been washed.

I'm lucky at least that the car is parked under cover at home and work. Most of the week when I'm working the car looks sub-par.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts