Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets hear some mileage,

BTW all ive had to replace is the tires, still original clutch original brakes etc. oh ive replaced a few windshields lol but never been stranded.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
2010 Soul +

7/2009 = 3 Miles

5/2012 = 82,000 Miles

--------------------------------

100 miles = Loose Sensor on motor causing rough idle ( w/a 0.00 )

5500 miles = Blown turn signal fuse ( w/a 0.00 )

12,000 miles = one of the front parking light bulbs burnt out, I replaced both with upgraded brighter bulbs. ( w/a but I fixed @ 7.00 )

15,000 miles = one headlight, upgraded both with PIAA & they lasted 6 month's ( 60.00 ), upgraded more with HID's they lasted 9 months but under lifetime warranty ( 65.00 )

30,000 miles = passenger side mirror motor - motor works but won't move mirror - could have fixed under w/a , but never did & now it's out-of-warranty

44,000 miles = Battery - Just under warr by 1 month - ( w/a 0.00 )

52,000 miles = New Tires ( 500.00 ) Yokahamas

55,000 miles = Brake Light Switch ( 26.00 ) under w/a but I just did it myself

58,000 miles = New windshield wipers ( 10.00 )

71,000 miles = New Windshield ( Glass coverage Insurance = 0.00 out of pocket & they paid me $ 150.00 cash )

:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice i got my soul in june 2009 so we are about on the same page.

I forgot i did change my battery at 75k

and my front right turn signal doesnt work, they wont sell me the part that holds the bulb they are forcing me to buy a whole new headlight for 300. so i guess ill just drive unsafely.

I know its just the piece that holds the bulb because i can switch that piece with the left side and it works so its not bulb. its the little tabs i tried bending them etc.

sometimes my tail lights dont work its that dumb sensor on brake pedal.

also every once in a while my traction control light stays on and it doesnt work. not that i really care if it isnt working here in arizona.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow , my 06 09 just hit 51000kms (36000m) - officially half.
Is there a timing chain replace happening at this point for you guys?
Seems my only failed part is a signal bulb in the front right.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Wow , my 06 09 just hit 51000kms (36000m) - officially half.
Is there a timing chain replace happening at this point for you guys?
Seems my only failed part is a signal bulb in the front right.
you don't replace timing chains only timing belts which would only apply to 2010 and 2011 2.0L models

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
56,000 miles here. got mine is July 2009.

No real repairs on it so far. Still have original battery, tires, head lights, brake pads, even cabin air filter lol.

Only things I changed out were my wipers of course, air filter once, and back lights (changed to LED's). Been doing oil changes every 6000-8000 miles using Royal Purple synthetic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm at around 89,000 miles and I've only had to replace the headlight bulbs. Tires are totally worn out though, time to replace them with the tax return.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm at 56,000km's on my 2011.
I've only done regular maintenance so far. I had to replace a couple of signal bulbs after boosting a guy at a gas station once but that's it.

The KIA service guy said that I have 1/2 my brake pads left and the clutch felt good to them. Absolutely no issues.

At this stage of the game with my Mazda 5, I had to replace all the brakes and rotors. Plus a door fell off (long story)

I'm really happy with my Kia Soul so far. Absolutely no complaints.. I even find the seats comfortable.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I got mine 5/09 and only have 45,000km. I'm heading towards 12,000 annually. I have had no issues or real problems only parts replaced were due to running over road debris and adding mods. 45,000km - 27,962miles, 12,000km - 7500miles.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I feel like an amatuer. Our 2011 Soul Base(which we just sold to my mother-in-law) in order to purchase a 2013 Soul +. Only got about 17,000 miles on it in our almost exactly two years of ownership (3/16/2011-3/17/2013). As for mechanical problems, we didn't have any. A friend of mine backed into in while it was parked in the driveway and caused about $1000 of damage to the driver's door, but no structural damage. Other than that, just oil changes, tire rotations, state inspections, and one alignment.

you could always trade your Mazda 5 on the all new Rondo ;)
You are really pushing that new Rondo.:)

I have a Mazda5 that I am really happy with. So far it has been totally reliable, gets better fuel economy than the sticker suggested, and is really fun to drive (especially for a mini-van). If Mazda puts the SkyActive engine in it sometime in the future that was make it nearly perfect (provided that engine is available with the manual transmission). I'd be interested in the new Rondo if it was available in the US, but I suspect if it was there wouldn't be a manual transmission option.

I had a 2002 Mazda Protege for 4 years and 115k miles. I did oil changes, tire rotations, state inspections, replaced the front brake pads once, and bought two sets of tires. My insurance company paid for a windshield and some hail damage. That was it. It was completely reliable. I hope my 5 provides the same experience.

Well, I guess the 5 is partway there. My insurance company has already paid for hail damage and a new windshield on it also.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
You are really pushing that new Rondo.:)
sorry, couldn't resist ;) but doesn't help you anyway as its not sold in the US. The Chev Orlando is also competition to the Mazda 5, but they don't sell that in the US either. The new model is suppose to come with a 6spd manual as standard this time, but not sure on this as I haven't got the Canadian specs yet. My dealer is hoping to have one in stock by the end of April.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hell NO! I will never beat you! But I'm having one heck of a time putting on as many miles as I can afford.

I'll trade off my Soul before 60K.....that's almost a given, based on past experience.

Or I'll die in it. Either way, I'll never see 80k.

But good luck to you, anyway!

TechnoMage :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts