Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Build date on mine is 2/19. I purchased it on 4/29. It's still having the tach jump and surging issue. No lights thou. Dealer is kiastore Preston in louisville ky.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Build date on mine is 2/19. I purchased it on 4/29. It's still having the tach jump and surging issue. No lights thou. Dealer is kiastore Preston in louisville ky.
Thanks, I updated the information with everything you've posted. That's not right the way they're treating you, I wouldn't go back there but I would leave a review for them on Yelp or wherever. That's total BS that they brushed you off and wasted your time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The best thing is a Google review. Those get the most views and input from the business.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hit 10,000 miles with mine. And yesterday I noticed there's a good bit of hesitation in it. I may bring it in today. As far as the person who said they had their tach surge and stuff. I had that once too but it ended up it was in sport mode and I didn't know it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the call today that my repair was complete. Invoice shows a reman transmission was installed. Asked the service manager at my dealer about it and he claimed that they list all the parts for repairs as remanufactured, even if new. He was of the opinion that we are getting new transmissions in these vehicles given how new they are. Not sure if I buy it or not. The good news is that everything seems fine so far post-repair. Hopefully got the issues out of the way early and I can get back to enjoying my vehicle.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,432 Posts
Got the call today that my repair was complete. Invoice shows a reman transmission was installed. Asked the service manager at my dealer about it and he claimed that they list all the parts for repairs as remanufactured, even if new. He was of the opinion that we are getting new transmissions in these vehicles given how new they are. Not sure if I buy it or not. The good news is that everything seems fine so far post-repair. Hopefully got the issues out of the way early and I can get back to enjoying my vehicle.
Thanks for the update garrion!

Did they say "what" the problem was with the IVT? This little detail seems to be missing from the repair stories.

The reason I ask is because it would be good to know just exactly what's going wrong with these. Is it some small part? Defective manufacturing? Just like with roaches, if there's one, there are certainly more coming :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at NHTSA complaints and other online complaints about IVT failures, one common factor seems to be that they occur at low total miles. The 2020 KIA Souls have been available to buyers since about June of 2019. We bought ours on August 3, and are just coming up on 3000 miles on the odometer, with no IVT problems. Looking at reports from 2019 KIA Forte models, the same low mileage failures seem to be in effect. So, here's my question for this forum: How many miles are on your 2020 Soul with the IVT transmission? It's still early in the model year, but there must be many owners who have put a substantial number of miles on their Souls. Let's hear from you.
Just hit 8K on 5 month old Soul S.
Transmission has started slipping after a software update last month. I'll update after my next appointment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my car back a few weeks ago, my invoice also showed a reman transmission. The techs found contamination in the fluid, from transmission internals coming apart, but they didn't pull it apart. Just swapped in the reman. It seems to be driving fine so far with about 400 miles on the reman. I will let you guys know if anything crops up. Just a reminder this was on a 2019 Forte LXS, but they driveline is the same IIRC. The car was an early build, delivered to the dealer in February of 2019. I leased it in September.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just hit 8K on 5 month old Soul S.
Transmission has started slipping after a software update last month. I'll update after my next appointment.
Remind not to get a software update. Your story isn't the first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was just called in for a software update a couple of weeks ago. The other day I had some problems with hesitation and I was going to bring it in. It hasn't happened in the last 3 days now. It was just that one day. I'm confused.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
14,975 Posts
was at my local dealer a couple of days ago getting my 48 month service and they told me that they have replaced a few IVT units on the Forte and Soul and said it generally occurred before the first oil change. I mentioned about people complaining about the long wait period to get a replacement and was told they now keep a complete unit in stock, so that there is no hold up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the update garrion!

Did they say "what" the problem was with the IVT? This little detail seems to be missing from the repair stories.

The reason I ask is because it would be good to know just exactly what's going wrong with these. Is it some small part? Defective manufacturing? Just like with roaches, if there's one, there are certainly more coming :)
Sadly, no major info other than there was an internal failure in the transmission. I'm going to assume they didn't pull it apart, just saw the error code and called KIA HQ.

·
Registered
106 Posts
was at my local dealer a couple of days ago getting my 48 month service and they told me that they have replaced a few IVT units on the Forte and Soul and said it generally occurred before the first oil change. I mentioned about people complaining about the long wait period to get a replacement and was told they now keep a complete unit in stock, so that there is no hold up.
Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking at NHTSA complaints and other online complaints about IVT failures, one common factor seems to be that they occur at low total miles. The 2020 KIA Souls have been available to buyers since about June of 2019. We bought ours on August 3, and are just coming up on 3000 miles on the odometer, with no IVT problems. Looking at reports from 2019 KIA Forte models, the same low mileage failures seem to be in effect. So, here's my question for this forum: How many miles are on your 2020 Soul with the IVT transmission? It's still early in the model year, but there must be many owners who have put a substantial number of miles on their Souls. Let's hear from you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well so far so good I have 3500 miles. I am speculating with the reports here that there will be a recall. Especially if it’s happening at high speeds.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts