Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

421 - 440 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is a month old and a K in the odometer. Strangely, although bought a month ago, it was manufactured in 01/19. Yes, it was brand new with only 7 miles in the odo. I don't plan to make any update to the IVT since it is rolling very good. Only thing I complain is a strange noise made a couple of times while reversing that appear more related to de rear brakes.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine is a month old and a K in the odometer. Strangely, although bought a month ago, it was manufactured in 01/19. Yes, it was brand new with only 7 miles in the odo. I don't plan to make any update to the IVT since it is rolling very good. Only thing I complain is a strange noise made a couple of times while reversing that appear more related to de rear brakes.
If you just bought it then it already has the update installed as dealers few months ago updated all cars in inventory before they are sold

·
Registered
537 Posts
You can call your dealer service department and ask them to run a VIS and they will know what that means and you can ask if the trans updated was installed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunately I have seen some bad PDIs. We get dealer trades that have supposedly been PDI already (it is done with our tablet and it is plugged into the DLC so it even records your test drive, monitors the time you take to check each item etc...) I find them to have 50psi in the tires, all kinds of plastics not removed (which means you never went to check that area) etc...
If you are in Indiana (I am in Michigan) I am surprised that they are not getting the transmission from the same Kia warehouse that I get them from in Ohio, they have them there and it takes 2 days standard truck shipping to get to me.
Hey. First, appreciate you're sharing your experience. Next, yea, when I picked up my new car I checked the tires and they were at 50 psi. Surprised me. And the plastics you mention, I found them all over the car; little protective pieces.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey. First, appreciate you're sharing your experience. Next, yea, when I picked up my new car I checked the tires and they were at 50 psi. Surprised me. And the plastics you mention, I found them all over the car; little protective pieces.
Unfortunately I see this regularly. If I happen to see one piece of plastic left on a car that was delivered at the dealer I work at I make it a point to point it out to our detailer. They are supposed to be removed by the tech doing the PDI and then checked over by detailer prepping car. I see cars from other places with multiple pieces still in there, that shouldn't happen, every now and then you will miss one as you wouldn't believe how many are on there especially on the cars that get shipped from Korea as they have more.

·
Registered
2021 KIA Soul X-Line Neptune Blue w/Black Top. Vehicle Build Date 10/2020, purchased 12/30/2020.
24 Posts
Unfortunately I see this regularly. If I happen to see one piece of plastic left on a car that was delivered at the dealer I work at I make it a point to point it out to our detailer. They are supposed to be removed by the tech doing the PDI and then checked over by detailer prepping car. I see cars from other places with multiple pieces still in there, that shouldn't happen, every now and then you will miss one as you wouldn't believe how many are on there especially on the cars that get shipped from Korea as they have more.
I've been looking for a copy of the PDI for my 2021. I found it once before I decided to purchase my X-Line but did not save a copy. Would you know where I might download it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been looking for a copy of the PDI for my 2021. I found it once before I decided to purchase my X-Line but did not save a copy. Would you know where I might download it?
Call you dealers service dept. They can send you a copy. Thats what I had to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's been nine months since this thread was started, and I'm still trying to find out what "Low Mileage" is. ??? I run about a thousand miles a month, now for 15+ months, and I've had NO problems.
And, has anyone had an IVT failure/problem, after getting the IVT computer flash?

Curious minds, etc. etc. etc.
:cool:
Mine just came apart in my 2020 "S" model at 1744 miles on I-4.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine just came apart in my 2020 "S" model at 1744 miles on I-4.
Man sorry to hear it. I hope they take care of you quickly. Keep us posted if you would.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good news for me after calling KIA Corporate my 7 to 10 week wait went to being fixed in 10 days.
So car is home in garage waiting on KIA to buy it back.
Uh oh, sounds like you had more problems than normal? What happened?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wow, can you list the issues besides the obvious transmission which we all know about. I haven't heard or seen any other issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everybody. This is Chris in Arizona. I own a 2020 Kia Soul Lx. I drive a long commute for work on most days. So far I’ve put 37,000 miles on my Soul. Last week the transmission started slipping. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they told me it was the computer. I knew that wasn’t right because I’ve had transmission problems with other vehicles in the past. Anyway, I didn’t gripe and I just went to the dealer to pick up the vehicle. On the way home the transmission started slipping again, then it lost all power to the wheels. Pulled off the side of the road and the vehicle was in 5th gear and no downshifts happening. Drove her home in 5th gear (very dangerous). Made it home. Towed the vehicle to the dealer and Kia replaced the transmission at no cost to me. My only concern is that, since this is the same part, this new transmission is probably not going to last. Since I still have many, many payments left on the vehicle I’m stuck in a real pickle because there’s no way to get out of this vehicle without taking an enormous loss. My advice to you is that you should change your driving habits with this vehicle and drive it like it’s fragile because it is. Don’t drive with Cruise Control over the speed of let’s say 75 miles per hour. Any downshifting under acceleration is really going to test the durability of your transmission. Anyway, I’m sorry to tell you this. This transmission is totally junk. I’m not an aggressive driver. The transmission is a piece of trash. Whoever designed this one is an idiot.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The recall transmission is a different part # we have to order. We have a transmission in stock that's been sitting there because we cannot use it for the recall, what's different about it I don't actually know. Also I have not had to replace a transmission that had the computer update performed. As for your dealer releasing the car to you for it to fail on the ride home, it sounds like something went wrong as any transmission that exhibits symptoms fails in the learning of shift values process that is part of the recall when updating the transmission so either they didn't do it or it somehow passed. That's my personal experience with it. I obviously can't say that this happens across the board but I assure you that last week I had a Forte in for the update and customer stated he felt some odd downshifts so after the successful update and learning I personally drove his car over 10 miles monitoring all data before I handed it back to him to reduce the chances of him having an experience such as yours.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
15 Posts
Has anyone had their IVT fluid replaced on their 2020 Soul? Owners manual says to change IVT fluid at 60,000 miles under "severe use conditions". I'm thinking of changing it at 30,000 miles to even though I drive my car under normal usage. Any opinions?

Attachments

421 - 440 of 479 Posts