Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at NHTSA complaints and other online complaints about IVT failures, one common factor seems to be that they occur at low total miles. The 2020 KIA Souls have been available to buyers since about June of 2019. We bought ours on August 3, and are just coming up on 3000 miles on the odometer, with no IVT problems. Looking at reports from 2019 KIA Forte models, the same low mileage failures seem to be in effect. So, here's my question for this forum: How many miles are on your 2020 Soul with the IVT transmission? It's still early in the model year, but there must be many owners who have put a substantial number of miles on their Souls. Let's hear from you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know this is ridiculous, but I have had my 2020 EX since April of this year and only have 910 miles on it. No issues at all so far. We use my wife's 2018 Soul most of the time.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, IVT
53 Posts
Picked up our 2020 LX October 30. So far only about 800 miles with no problems at all. We only average around 7000 to 7500 miles a year on the Soul.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I know there have been some members here having IVT problems, and are rightly upset. However lets not lose sight of the fact the number of failures is still relatively small versus the many thousands of these transmissions that are in use.

Pat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! on the month, miles, and no issues.
She must be just getting broken in, because she just keeps running betterer and betterer! :)

Merry Christmas Everyone
:cool:
I've seen my fuel economy increase, might be the non-summer blend fuel here in Kalifornia.

I also turn off the ISG. I think that actually hurts real world fuel economy unless you sit at stop lights all the time.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, IVT
53 Posts
I can't edit my earlier post (#6 in this thread), but having the build date and location in this thread seems a good idea.
2020 Lx:
Buy date October 30 2019, Build date 07/2019, 1200 miles to date, SW WI winter, no problems to date

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't edit my earlier post (#6 in this thread), but having the build date and location in this thread seems a good idea.
2020 Lx:
Buy date October 30 2019, Build date 07/2019, 1200 miles to date, SW WI winter, no problems to date
Where do you find the build date?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where do you find the build date?
Yep, inside the drivers side door is the build date. Mine is an X-Line with build date 03/19 and currently I only have 545 miles on it. No issues at the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at NHTSA complaints and other online complaints about IVT failures, one common factor seems to be that they occur at low total miles. The 2020 KIA Souls have been available to buyers since about June of 2019. We bought ours on August 3, and are just coming up on 3000 miles on the odometer, with no IVT problems. Looking at reports from 2019 KIA Forte models, the same low mileage failures seem to be in effect. So, here's my question for this forum: How many miles are on your 2020 Soul with the IVT transmission? It's still early in the model year, but there must be many owners who have put a substantial number of miles on their Souls. Let's hear from you.
2020 Soul S, baught it Oct 950miles ,so far so good ,knock on wood! :)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,605 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
2020 EX with 4800 miles. Just had the first service yesterday. My mileage is half local short trips and half long fairly high speed (75-80mph) highway trips. No transmission issues so far. Also not my first CVT. I've had two CVT Subarus and 2 CVT Hondas. Far and away the CVT in the Soul is the best performing CVT I've owned. Let's hope this is an isolated problem due to faulty parts from one of multiple sources rather than a design defect. I have another 900 mile highway trip on Sunday, so knock on wood.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts