Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right smack in the middle of my dashboard, in front of the "ghost speaker" circle thingy, there is a small clearish plastic half-circle embedded into my dashboard. It's very close to the glass. Is that a wiper sensor for cars with that feature? Or an alarm hub for cars that come with one?

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
There is an auto on feature for the headlights on some of the cars. Sounds like that is the mounting point where that sensor goes. If you have the auto on for your headlights, it is that light sensor. If you don't have it, then it is a dummy where it would be. My guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I searched in the forums but all I kept seeing were threads about the big plastic circle where the speaker would go on other packages. Never thought to search for "marble" haha.

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought maybe you were asking about the big circular thing on the dash that looks like something you would set a pizza on. Haven't yet figured out what that is...

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,527 Posts
I thought maybe you were asking about the big circular thing on the dash that looks like something you would set a pizza on. Haven't yet figured out what that is...
That's where I put my pizzas too! I found some of that cushy non slip material at the marine store and cut it in a perfect circle. It naturally sticks to the surface & looks much better than that big bald spot. It was really bugging me for the first few months.

IMG_1150.jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
My husband says I should put a marble in the round disk 'dish' so it'll roll around and tell me when the road is level...lol. But that would be way too distracting!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Now if only I can determine the unexplained front half circle opening of the dash pod bump facing the windshield.

I would swear it was used for an HID display if I didnt know better.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
I don't have pizza, and I don't have a center dash speaker. I guess I'm ok. I think.
Oh Kitty, why don't you let US decide if you're ok. I mean, NO pizza? Rolling marbles around your dash center speaker like it's some kind of roulette wheel? Mint chocolate chip in a "yellow" car?

"OK" just isn't the first thing that comes to mind :)

Maybe special is more like it :) :) :)

teehee......

Reactions: two souls

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts