Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It snowed pretty good here last night and it was an hour drive into work today. I was very shocked to see the amount of slush build up on the lower portion of the rear door where it meets the rear fender. It looks like it is just the way the body buldges at that point.

I've never had this happen to any other car before. I can see that if left in place this slush will freeze the rear door shut. It could even cause some minor damage if the sealed door is forced open.

Any thoughts
Other than putting Rally Armour mud flaps on.

:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I have to say the mud guards were the best add on I put on my soul. I have not had the opportunity to run in the slush yet but the mess has been a whole lot less with them installed. I drop a set of those on.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MY10 Soul Sport already has mud flaps... But the Rally Armor mud flaps are almost 12" wide and are 15" tall.

If this is a regular occurance or becomes an issue I may invest in the Rally Armor flaps.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been trying to find solutions to the slush build up problem.

I'm going to take some pictures of where the slush is building up once I get home so people will see why I think it could lead to problems if it is not dealt with regularly.

Here are my options so far:
1) Larger mud flaps (Don't know if this will actually work and I'm not sure if I would like the look):confused:
2) Scrape it off with a snow brush (This will work, but will likely scratch the paint because of sand in the slush):(
3) Several car washes a week (A clean car, but an empty wallet):eek:

Thoughts are welcome

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
What ever you do DO NOT scrape it off with a snow brush, you WILL regret that!
I am shocked so much got on the side of the car with the mud guards. Let us know what you figure out. Winter is on its way here too and I will be in the same situation soon enough.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I added front splash guards to the front only didn't like the look on the back plus there is very little bumper behind the rear wheel. They really don't do all that much. WINTER JUST PLAIN SUCKS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have been through a LOT of slush in the last week and the only place it building up for me is behind the front tires. I haven't got any in the back end at all. Plus I'm still running the stock 18" tires with no mud guards. It like all the cars and trucks I have had over the years with the guards on them would rot much quicker than with out.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree with Sober, after the first snow this week only place I notice tons of build-up was the back deck. 2 days later the rest of the car. Something about the back end though, snow and salt seems to pack on real good there. I have the splash guards as well but didn't really help.

Check out my post in the general area for some great salty pics of the back end.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been trying to find solutions to the slush build up problem.

I'm going to take some pictures of where the slush is building up once I get home so people will see why I think it could lead to problems if it is not dealt with regularly.

Here are my options so far:
1) Larger mud flaps (Don't know if this will actually work and I'm not sure if I would like the look):confused:
2) Scrape it off with a snow brush (This will work, but will likely scratch the paint because of sand in the slush):(
3) Several car washes a week (A clean car, but an empty wallet):eek:

Thoughts are welcome
Here is one for you to try. When your soul is nice and clean and dry put a coat of rain-x on your problem spots or a nice coat of wax. It's not much but at least should help for a little bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mud flaps are useless

I bought my mud flaps directly from the dealer and yes this set of mud flaps was the easiest I have ever installed. But now that we are getting snow on the roads with the sanding trucks spreading sand we now have mud/snow. Looking down the side of my Dune colored Soul these factory mud flaps do not extend down far enough to stop any mud and slush from getting up on the side of the car. They look great, but they do not function very we'll. I am going to look for some other aftermarket ones that are longer and the factory ones will be cleaned up and placed on E-bay for someone else to deal with. Very disappointed in the factory mud flaps. Looks is the only thing they are good for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
dobrý deň, mám novú Kia Soul, mám naozaj rád, som šťastná, ale ja som sa vyjadril k veľkosti pasce (hlavne predné) na moje auto je malé a nepraktické:mad:, pretože po prvej jazde na snehu, moje auto zostáva veľmi špinavá a okná! ! Mal by som záujem o väčšie a rozsiahlejšie pôvodné nečistôt z KIA Motors. Kontaktujte ma spoločnosť, vedel som, že by zabezpečilo tento tovar. Ďakujem vám Rudolf Tomka -Slovakia/Bardejov +421907419809. (Nerozumiem anglicky, som písať pomocou Google prekladateľ)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
dobrý deň, mám novú Kia Soul, mám naozaj rád, som šťastná, ale ja som sa vyjadril k veľkosti pasce (hlavne predné) na moje auto je malé a nepraktické:mad:, pretože po prvej jazde na snehu, moje auto zostáva veľmi špinavá a okná! ! Mal by som záujem o väčšie a rozsiahlejšie pôvodné nečistôt z KIA Motors. Kontaktujte ma spoločnosť, vedel som, že by zabezpečilo tento tovar. Ďakujem vám Rudolf Tomka -Slovakia/Bardejov +421907419809. (Nerozumiem anglicky, som písať pomocou Google prekladateľ)
TRANSLATED:
"Hello, I have a new Kia Soul, I really like, I'm happy, but I commented on the size of the traps (especially front) my car is small and impractical, because after the first snow, my car still very dirty windows! ! Should I wish to larger and larger dirt originating from KIA Motors. Contact me company, I knew that would ensure that good. Thank you Rudolf Tomka -Slovakia/Bardejov +421907419809. (I do not understand English, I write with Google translator) "

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Soul sucks in the snow
OK so here in the UK we don't get snow like you guys get but today I've been driving my Soul on soft and hard packed snow, slush etc and it handled better than I expected and was gripping the road far more than a lot of other cars I saw! I'm running the 18" tyres and I really expected to have a lot of problems.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine worked better than expected in the snow. Traction control is great! Even with the stock 18" tires it still worked better than my old 2wd Honda Element.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The traction control IS great...it was weird at first not having my wheels spin and slush flying everywhere....but the ESC gets me through the snow and slush fine so far.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts