Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need some help...I still have stock base radio in my car. The bluetooth takes forever to connect! I don't really want/need to spend $300 to get one of the android 8" radios, even tho them seem awesome. I was wondering if the next level up radio (small color screen) connects any faster???? Also, can it be swapped in to a base model See photo below for reference

s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
This used to be a second level radio for us. The base is a red font, no color. Based on so many other options you have, are you sure you have a base soul?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This used to be a second level radio for us. The base is a red font, no color. Based on so many other options you have, are you sure you have a base soul?
No, that is not the one i have, that is the one i was thinking of getting...the mid level one, i just don't know how fast its bluetooth is, mine is slow as dirt. I rented a Hyndai Santa Fe, its radio connected in less than 10 seconds

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
No, that is not the one i have, that is the one i was thinking of getting...the mid level one, i just don't know how fast its bluetooth is, mine is slow as dirt. I rented a Hyndai Santa Fe, its radio connected in less than 10 seconds
ok, that makes sense. A bunch of us upgraded to this radio, before we upgraded to 8" android. it was an easy plug and play. much better sound too.

look what's on sale. I wonder if that's also plug and play.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2017-...ash=item3629a4c4a8:g:R1gAAOSwQN5aVwPU&vxp=mtr

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
You can always go aftermarket......

Attachments

Reactions: lemminkainenn

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't need a large screen, nor do I want to spend much $$$. Since i can get the small screen on ebay for $80 and it should be plug'n'play, i'd prefer that one. I just need to know if anyone can attest to the bluetooth connection time.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I don't need a large screen, nor do I want to spend much $$$. Since i can get the small screen on ebay for $80 and it should be plug'n'play, i'd prefer that one. I just need to know if anyone can attest to the bluetooth connection time.
Take it anyway, even if bluetooth is the same, which I doubt it will be, the sound quality alone is worth it.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
My Base connects in about 5 seconds, always.

I definitely would suggest deleting all bluetooth devices from your Soul & try a fresh pairing.

Best of luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts