Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
I would be in my car for a total of about 30 to 40 min a day.....All short trips......during that time it was commonplace to hear the same song 3 x. XM sucks
That got better for me when they opened up online streaming at no extra charge. I stream about 4 hours a day while working in the house, you know, background music thru bluetooth speakers. I HATE commercials and XM was one way to solve that problem.

Amazon Music & Music Choice (included with my Comcast acct) also do the same, commercial free job for me.

Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
Sirrus can shove it all up their tail pipe
GeoSoul said:
That's for better reception, right?
Thanks Geo, I needed that! 馃槀馃ぃ馃き

Amazon Music & Music Choice (included with my Comcast acct) also do the same, commercial free job for me.
Amazon Music does the same for me, plus my Rokus on my TVs have a few music apps that let you access internet-based radio stations from all over the world representing every possible genre imaginable. Those Roku apps also have versons of their apps for Android should you want to play them from your phone to your Soul. Some stations have commercials, some don't鈥攊ts a bit of a crap-shoot.

That XM offer of $5/month + Eco Dot is tempting, but one has to wonder if they're struggling with a lack of subscribers recently. 馃

Reactions: GeoSoul

Registered
Well, my three months free trial of Siriusxm ends soon. I like it but to continue @$22 a month is more than I would want to spend. It seems very expensive. How many members here shell out $22 a month for this service?
yo dont do it... they have offers available at $5 month. ping the email ad and then click off it.. they will eventually send you the $5 month bit

Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
Discussion Starter #44
yo dont do it... they have offers available at $5 month. ping the email ad and then click off it.. they will eventually send you the $5 month bit
The trial has ended and its shut off. I'm retired and don't drive much so the most I would pay is $25 a year. I doubt they'll do that. But my Soul had a nice FM radio and my favorite station is in HD so the sound is very clear and I like it.

Registered
The trial has ended and its shut off. I'm retired and don't drive much so the most I would pay is $25 a year. I doubt they'll do that. But my Soul had a nice FM radio and my favorite station is in HD so the sound is very clear and I like it.
There's so many options these days! I remember when I was a kid and cars just had an AM radio and 1 speaker. Then FM, cool! As a teen, 8 track tape deck with what, 2 or 4 speakers? We're living in the future! Then this little cassette comes along and changed the game again. Crazy. Then CDs, holy cow.

Fast forward to our new Souls, so many options and no mechanical players. There's something for almost everyone.

Registered
I will say this, the comedy channel will sometimes distract me from the fact that I'm stuck in rush hour traffic. They're currently running Jim Gaffigan non-stop on the weekends. Who knew that guy had so much Hot Pocket material?!?!?!

Registered
I will say this, the comedy channel will sometimes distract me from the fact that I'm stuck in rush hour traffic. They're currently running Jim Gaffigan non-stop on the weekends. Who knew that guy had so much Hot Pocket material?!?!?!

Same here TX. I've set a whole bank of presets to comedy. It makes a long traffic light or slowdown much less annoying. I've had people look at me laughing away in my Soul while some idiot made us miss 2 lights. Haha!

Reactions: TXSSSoul

Registered
Same here TX. I've set a whole bank of presets to comedy. It makes a long traffic light or slowdown much less annoying. I've had people look at me laughing away in my Soul while some idiot made us miss 2 lights. Haha!
The good part about laughing hysterically in traffic is the people around you think it's because you're about to snap and go crazy, and will try to keep a good distance away from you.

When I drove Uber, I also had SiriusXM for my riders. Sure was nice being able to deduct SiriusXM as an expense. Not sure how it's going to pan out with Covid bringing mostly everything to a screeching halt, including my driving Uber. Oh well, more time to listen to Hot Pocket shtick.....

Registered
My 2013 Soul came with Sirius XM but I never subscribed. I occasionally listened when they would have a free week or two.
But my 2020 Soul LX does not have it. Good riddance! It's NO loss to me.

Happy 4th!
:cool:
Does it offer any traffic services?

Registered
2020 Soul GT-Line, 2010 Soul Sport
I have XM on my GEN one, I do not have that option on my GEN three. I do not miss it at all. Apple CarPlay has made XM largely irrelevant because I can get streaming via Bluetooth without any issues. Actually I found that I have better sound quality through the basic stock radio via Bluetooth then over the yI do not miss it at all. Apple CarPlay has made XM largely irrelevant because I can get streaming via Bluetooth without any issues. Sound quality is better over Bluetooth anyways

Registered
I have XM on my GEN one, I do not have that option on my GEN three. I do not miss it at all. Apple CarPlay has made XM largely irrelevant because I can get streaming via Bluetooth without any issues. Actually I found that I have better sound quality through the basic stock radio via Bluetooth then over the yI do not miss it at all. Apple CarPlay has made XM largely irrelevant because I can get streaming via Bluetooth without any issues. Sound quality is better over Bluetooth anyways
As long as you have a good LTE plan that works fine. The XM app is very nice and has a lot of additional channels.

I'd be curious for someone to crunch the numbers on just having an antenna based Sirius XM plan vs their App based plan with LTE consumption (quantified).

41 - 53 of 53 Posts