Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a huge fan of the XM satellite radio. I have been for well over a decade. I grew up on Radio and do not collect media. XM offers programming that you will find no where else, viz, Jim Ladd on DeepTracks, Mojo Nixon on Outlaw Country, Little Steven on Underground Garage. Not to mention Meg Griffin, Dusty Street on DeepTracks and reruns of Tom Petty's Buried Treasures on the Tom Petty channel. Anybody who makes a blanket statement that XM sucks gets dismissed out of hand by me. It is the soundtrack to my life. I enjoy it at home on an old school stereo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, my three months free trial of Siriusxm ends soon. I like it but to continue @$22 a month is more than I would want to spend. It seems very expensive. How many members here shell out $22 a month for this service?
Just let it lapse..you we ill receive discount offers like crazy!! Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, my three months free trial of Siriusxm ends soon. I like it but to continue @$22 a month is more than I would want to spend. It seems very expensive. How many members here shell out $22 a month for this service?
I pay $77 a year including all charges. Either call or do a renewal by online chat. Tell them you want the promotional rate.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I keep getting emails from Sirius for $5/mo for 12 months. So, yea... $22/mo is ridiculous!!
My personal opinion... I’m not spending a dime on listening to music when I can listen for free on local stations and through the music already on my iPhone!
Bingo!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had it in previous car, have it in 2011 Soul+, but mainly so I can get it on my phone and use it in every vehicle I own. Expensive? Yeah! Worth it? Depends on what you want to listen to and how many times you want to change channels. Our Soul is our toad behind our motorhome, so we use it quite a bit. It's still hard to justify the price, but I do!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 Soul came with Sirius XM but I never subscribed. I occasionally listened when they would have a free week or two.
But my 2020 Soul LX does not have it. Good riddance! It's NO loss to me.

Happy 4th!
:cool:
I have a 2016 Soul which came with Sirius XM, but after the 3-month trial period, I did not subscribe. I was completely inundated with emails, snail mail, calls, etc. to subscribe, each time they "sweetened" the deal. During the trial period, I made a rather long trip and did use Sirius then, and only then. After almost a year, the emails, etc. stopped. I would never pay $22.00 per month for what you get with Sirius.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
697 Posts
I have a 2016 Soul which came with Sirius XM, but after the 3-month trial period, I did not subscribe. I was completely inundated with emails, snail mail, calls, etc. to subscribe, each time they "sweetened" the deal. During the trial period, I made a rather long trip and did use Sirius then, and only then. After almost a year, the emails, etc. stopped. I would never pay $22.00 per month for what you get with Sirius.

Welcome Jamnjava20!

You'll find a lot of helpful, friendly people here to answer questions about your new ride! To get the best out of these forums take a moment to read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), page if you haven't already done so.

Also be sure to fill out your Signature with the year/trim/mileage/add-ons of your Soul along with your location. (you can use my signature as an example) This will help us to immediately know some basic information about your car that you won't need to repeat–plus you can add a photo to show off your ride. 😁

Enjoy your stay!

—Kerig

·
Registered
2018 Soul + 2.0L (GDI/non turbo)
7 Posts
I am a huge fan of the XM satellite radio. I have been for well over a decade. I grew up on Radio and do not collect media. XM offers programming that you will find no where else, viz, Jim Ladd on DeepTracks, Mojo Nixon on Outlaw Country, Little Steven on Underground Garage. Not to mention Meg Griffin, Dusty Street on DeepTracks and reruns of Tom Petty's Buried Treasures on the Tom Petty channel. Anybody who makes a blanket statement that XM sucks gets dismissed out of hand by me. It is the soundtrack to my life. I enjoy it at home on an old school stereo.
Agree here, is it worth it to everyone? Heck no but it's worth it to me and i've been a long term subscriber 10+ years across too many vehicles in the family. If i know exactly what i want to listen to i'll go Android Auto with my streaming service of choice. If i'm not sure i'll channel surf. My big benefit is new artist discovery or listening to deep cuts during special events that never seem to come up on algorithm generated channel. More than once i've heard something i'll later look up and discover new artist/album or special cover I didn't know existed.

Family plan though is really good way for pricing without playing the hardball game. 40% off for every receiver after the 1st does help the wallet a bit. SiriusXM while far from perfect is a service I like, use it and unless i'm in a tunnel just works when i hit the radio button which i can't say about some of the streaming services (currently can't get youtube music to work with Android Auto on my 2018+).

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my 2015 Kia Soul+ I only had Sirius Traffic. When I bought my 2020 EX, I called Sirius after the trial expired and wanted to add traffic and they told me my radio didn't support it. My radio display does show traffic info (construction, accidents, etc.) so I have no idea where it comes from. Regardless, every time I speak to Sirius it's an unpleasant experience so I gave up on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let it expire they will keep sending you mail until they finally give you an offer 12 months for 60 dollars if they still have that promotion.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,225 Posts
Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
264 Posts
What kind of business try's to screw you on an initial renewal and then begs you to come back at at 1/2 price when you quit? Too much advertising now to make it worth anything. Now my mail is flooded with even cheaper options. Even had to block them on my phone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What kind of business try's to screw you on an initial renewal and then begs you to come back at at 1/2 price when you quit? Too much advertising now to make it worth anything. Now my mail is flooded with even cheaper options. Even had to block them on my phone.
100 %

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-Line, 2010 Soul Sport
24 Posts
I had XM on my 2010, and thankfully it is not an option on my 2020 GT Line 2.0. I had it for the initial $30 for 6/mo trial and it was ok...but it quickly became apparent that the rotation of songs on the stations is very limited, and in high rotation. If you are a themed channel, and have decades of music to choose from, why do I hear the same songs every day? At that point, I just dropped XM and now just play my playlists.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would be in my car for a total of about 30 to 40 min a day.....All short trips......during that time it was commonplace to hear the same song 3 x. XM sucks

21 - 40 of 53 Posts