Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I took a 2016 Soul EV for a test drive over the weekend, and I paired my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1. I was able to press the talk button on the steering wheel to activate Siri - the entertainment system even says "Siri" in big letters on the screen. I was able to give it commands ("What Time Is It?" or "Play [song name]") and the commands worked as I expected. However, there was one strange problem: the volume of the initial chime that Siri makes when she's ready to listen was really, really quiet. As in, I had to lean forward towards the speakers and even then I only could distinguish it sometimes. The volume of the chime seemed to be independent of any other volume - we tried turning up (and down) the stereo, turning up (and down) the volume on my phone, and nothing seemed to make a difference - it was always very, very quiet. I use this feature on my current vehicle all the time, and the volume has never been an issue, so I don't think it's a problem with my phone.

Has anyone else tried the 2016 Soul EV with Siri? If so, did you have any problems like this?

Thanks,

-Jake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to another salesperson at Kia, and he seemed familiar with this, and said that it was easy to fix by going into the Navigation Settings and increasing the volume there. I'll try this the next time I test drive it and post back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts