Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found aftermarket side window deflectors for the '20 Soul? Weather Tech would be my first choice, but alas, they have none. Anyone? Buehler? Anyone?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got some off Amazon. I really like them.

Shane, how are they mounted? Don't mean to sound like a noob, but I've never had side window deflectors on any of my previous vehicles. Is it just double-sided tape stuck to the outside window frame?

Mark

·
Registered
428 Posts
Shane, how are they mounted? Don't mean to sound like a noob, but I've never had side window deflectors on any of my previous vehicles. Is it just double-sided tape stuck to the outside window frame?

Mark
Reading customer Q&As on Amazon, there is a reference to peeling off the protective tape to install, so yes, they're attached with adhesive. Assuming a clean surface, that should work just fine, I think. If you buy them and install them, let us know what you think. I like deflectors on my cars, since I often drive with the window partly open.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Mark
Yep. I've only ever had that kind. I peel off a small part of the backing and stick that first then pull it along while keeping the thing in alignment. I also clean the surface with rubbing alcohol first. I've never had one come off.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reading customer Q&As on Amazon, there is a reference to peeling off the protective tape to install, so yes, they're attached with adhesive. Assuming a clean surface, that should work just fine, I think. If you buy them and install them, let us know what you think. I like deflectors on my cars, since I often drive with the window partly open.
I might hold out for WeatherTech to produce them. I believe theirs usually are In-Channel. Not sure at this point, but if I cave in and get the Amazon spec I will post about them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
There are ones available from Kia also.
Have some sitting in the box still,since I’m on the fence about installing them.

They are the 3M tape style,and seem to sit relatively flat for a clean look.

Who knows...

·
Registered
15 Posts
These do not have tabs. They are molded to fit right against the black plastic near the mirror. They have 1/2" 3M double sided tape along the whole edge. I imagine the in channel ones would be lower profile. These don't stick out all that far but the edges are more squared versus beveled.

I think these look good and 1/4 of the price compared to the KIA ones. These do look lower profile than the KIA ones though. I can take more photos if anyone is truly interested.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'd like to have those wind deflectors, but I'm worried about in-channel ones and our winters here in Minnesota. On my 2013 Soul, ice often prevented me from opening side windows. In-channel deflectors would reduce clearances even more, I'd thing, so I'm not sure I want to take the risk. It might be better here to use the ones that stick to an exterior surface.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Alright,decided to put the factory KIA ones on.I didn’t think the price was too bad at 135.00.

They fit with clips and pins,and also fit nice a close so as to not stick out and look out of place,yet still function.

Overall,I’m very happy with the look,fit and quality of these.

Pics,because we all like pics
j5Kv6qPKSp+FMUx78PhOLQ.jpg
dKP47oLaSLqpxDRZt8c+Gw.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like the decal of the red hell cat dodge on the window of your Soul. It really looks like there's a awesome car parked next to you. NICE!
LOL
Thanks! They both are pretty awesome cars for the purpose they serve,but the red one is a BEAST!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts