Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I see on the Kia repeater PDF it shows how to install them but, It says noting about the wiring. It shows a connector in the picture. Are we to assume that there already is a connector waiting to be used for this purpose? I think I read somewhere in the forums that there is no connector and that you would need to purchase a new wiring harness? Please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
There is no connector, unless of course you are "replacing" a repeater which that pdf is based on.

You would have to run a chassis ground and a wire from the harness that plugs into the headlight assembly. Either the solid 12v for the running light marker when the lights are on, or the flashing 12V for the signal.....depending what you want to do with the marker light.

The LED side repeater Shark Racing sells offers a module that allows both running light AND turn signal. In that case you would have a chassis ground and BOTH the 12v running light and flashing 12v turn voltage wires running to Sharkracing's module, and the two output wires running to the LED repeater.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My side repeaters are shipping tomorrow. Hopefully, they will be here by Saturday. I'm anxious to install them. I'm surprised the U.S. does not require them like most of the rest of the autombile world. phillip

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I love having repeaters.....They LOOK cool, and they offer that extra flashing signal where you NEED one.....where that person in your blind spot can't SEE the other signal.

Soul without the repeaters looks cheap, like it is MISSING them....so it was one of those weird things I really needlessly obsessed about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts