Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know it’s been discussed, but I have searched and cannot find clear answers,,,, I just bought the 2018 Soul+ OneMillion edition and it didn’t not come with the auto folding, turn signal feature , side mirrors.
I really want this option and I know it can be ordered but I want it to be plug and play and need to know all the pieces or parts I need to have this function on the car as well as the possibility of of blind spot protection function to be put in as well , if anyone here has had this done on there Soul,, please let me know how to go about it, I am not worried about spending money on the parts or install as I would have Kia do it,, but the one dealership I have asked,cannot give me any answers, next step is to contact other dealerships and see if they have done this install as I’m thinking that I am not the only one who has wanted to upgrade there showroom Model.
Thanks ahead of time 🙏

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks, I had the parts guy at my dealership cross check the vin numbers on the parts and he had a correct replacement for the left and right of mirrors I want but couldn’t see if it needed any more parts via the wiring harnesses so I am trying to find someone here that’s either done it or knows about it?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the auto folding mirrors and it works great with the smart key feature. Walk up to the car and they unfold. Lock the car and they fold.

Can anyone say if the auto folding mirrors come on cars with other keyless entry systems or is it a smart key only thing?

If it's a Smart key only thing, then it will for sure not be a plug and play upgrade and super expensive.

I would think by now if it was not too expensive and plug and play there would be more people at least attempting this upgrade. I searched and could not find a successful attempt only people asking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey zerogee you’re the guy with the SX ,,,,, WOW ,,, I read that arcticle ,, I bought my soul after reading it and was disappointed that OneMillion edition didn’t have this feature but bought it because I liked the two tone paint and body kit that the OneMillion had and the exclaim didn’t. And my colors are almost the same as your SX .

I have the Smart Key function so I am hoping that it will work , the one thing is the door controller swap with the extra button for auto mirrors I’m thinking is or going to be a expensive or hard thing to have installed as the door panel will need to be taken off to rewire the new switch plate or part .

I don’t care so much about the blind spot protection feature but the mirrors that would fit my 18 Model have that in them and the button panel on the left of my steering wheel has a slot for BSP and was thinking that my soul might be prewired for it. I am currently checking the various dealerships in my area for a service department that might know something about the wiring setup for the 17 18 Model years.

In all ,, the post that Geosoul is referring to is my best lead so far as the door mirror linkage does come with enough pin connections for ALL the upgrade options and for more to come as it has 12 on female end , I am just am wondering about the auto folding as THAT and the turn signal repeater lights is the two functions I REALLY WANT.

·
Registered
14,773 Posts
I have the auto folding mirrors and it works great with the smart key feature. Walk up to the car and they unfold. Lock the car and they fold.

Can anyone say if the auto folding mirrors come on cars with other keyless entry systems or is it a smart key only thing?
If it's a Smart key only thing, then it will for sure not be a plug and play upgrade and super expensive.
I would think by now if it was not too expensive and plug and play there would be more people at least attempting this upgrade. I searched and could not find a successful attempt only people asking.
As far as I can find out the power folding mirrors only appear to be on vehicles that have the keyless entry with the smart key, which is vehicles with push-button start. However, it does not mean that if you have push-button start and a smart key that you automatically get power folding mirrors. This I can confirm for Canadian models, I am not totally sure on US models unless I do some extensive research. Also features can change from one model year to the next.

We used to have a member on here (which I haven't seen in quite some time) who was a Kia parts guy in the US and he priced out the power-folding mirror components and I think they were over a $1000, and then you also have to changed the drivers door armrest for the mirror control.

It's a nice feature to have (I have it on my model), but if I didn't I wouldn't spend that kind of money and labour (or my time) to both putting that feature in my vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Geosoul,, Thankyou,, that post is the best so far and I took a screenshot of it so I could refer to it and I am thinking of showing it to a Kia service person as the door controller swap may be needed to have the auto folding function that zerogee has on his SWEET SX .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I can find out the power folding mirrors only appear to be on vehicles that have the keyless entry with the smart key, which is vehicles with push-button start. However, it does not mean that if you have push-button start and a smart key that you automatically get power folding mirrors. This I can confirm for Canadian models, I am not totally sure on US models unless I do some extensive research. Also features can change from one model year to the next.

We used to have a member on here (which I haven't seen in quite some time) who was a Kia parts guy in the US and he priced out the power-folding mirror components and I think they were over a $1000, and then you also have to changed the drivers door armrest for the mirror control.

It's a nice feature to have (I have it on my model), but if I didn't I wouldn't spend that kind of money and labour (or my time) to both putting that feature in my vehicle.
I have already spent a lot on the car and accessories so if I have to spend a some more for this feature as then I will have the Soul I want ,,, I wish could have bought the SX that is my favorite soul Model but it isn’t available here so that’s why I bought the OneMillion as it is very similar to the SX setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The main reason I want the power folding is that all my previous cars ,, the mirrors always get damaged when parked from other careless drivers hitting it with their doors when I’m not at my vehicle.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The main reason I want the power folding is that all my previous cars ,, the mirrors always get damaged when parked from other careless drivers hitting it with their doors when I’m not at my vehicle.
I hear ya Million. I fold mine in at times, by hand (gasp). I'm from olden times and am excited that the mirrors fold in at all. What a luxury :)

I agree with you, it's your Soul & spending a few more bucks to get what makes you happy is totally worth it. I'm just sorry it takes this much effort.

All the best!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey zerogee you’re the guy with the SX ,,,,, WOW ,,, I read that arcticle ,, I bought my soul after reading it and was disappointed that OneMillion edition didn’t have this feature but bought it because I liked the two tone paint and body kit that the OneMillion had and the exclaim didn’t. And my colors are almost the same as your SX .

Thanks. It was what attracted me to the Soul. I had not ever seen another one like it. Still only ever seen one or two in my city since. Funny when you realise how many Souls are around once you own one. :smile: Nice being unique.

Post some photos of your ride.

I have the Smart Key function so I am hoping that it will work , the one thing is the door controller swap with the extra button for auto mirrors I’m thinking is or going to be a expensive or hard thing to have installed as the door panel will need to be taken off to rewire the new switch plate or part .

I came across a component for the folding mirrors that I have not seen mentioned yet. Not sure if it was included in the $1000+ estimate. It's called the ICM (Integrated Circuit Module). It contains the Fold and Unfold Relays for the mirrors. It also has the Wiper De-icer Relay. Located behind the dash somewhere. But if you don't have either the folding mirrors or the deicer I see no reason for it to be there or the associated wiring.

I don’t care so much about the blind spot protection feature but the mirrors that would fit my 18 Model have that in them and the button panel on the left of my steering wheel has a slot for BSP and was thinking that my soul might be prewired for it. I am currently checking the various dealerships in my area for a service department that might know something about the wiring setup for the 17 18 Model years.

I'm going to say it... BSP is not needed if you set and use you mirrors properly.

In all ,, the post that Geosoul is referring to is my best lead so far as the door mirror linkage does come with enough pin connections for ALL the upgrade options and for more to come as it has 12 on female end , I am just am wondering about the auto folding as THAT and the turn signal repeater lights is the two functions I REALLY WANT.

This seems like an easy thing to confirm for yourself.

Once upgraded you may also have to take it somewhere to get the Auto folding feature turned on in the BCM??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree about the BSD , I am getting the accessories installed relatively soon as my work schedule permits, I have found a dealership that I trust so far and came in a lot less than the place I bought the car.
I am having all the accessories put on my car then I am going to post pictures .
I hope to discuss the mirrors with the service manager and that is going to be a secondary upgrade , IF they are willing to install the door controller for the auto folding as I am pretty sure it’s needed to have the folding feature function properly.
I really appreciate you guys discussing this with me as I know it’s already been a topic here, but the folding function I guess hasn’t been covered or been shown to be a upgrade that someone has shared,,, if I end up just be able to have the repeater lights in the mirrors I will be happy with that ,, pics coming soon,,,, THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP ����

·
Registered
14,773 Posts
we really admire you commitment to the project, keep us posted as to what finally happens.

Here is the details on the door switch control for the power-folding mirrors.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Good photo conwel. He'll have to get a new controller module that adds the folding mirror operation. I'd call that more of an armrest position & so he shouldn't have to install anything into the door.

I agree, this kid has pluck. I admire that too :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My supplier installed it on my base model Kia Soul here in my country and all I can say is that its totally worth it. I spent like around $900 for all the genuine parts (Power folding side mirrors with repeater, driver door panel controls etc.)

I cant post some images and links due to low posts lol.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My supplier installed it on my base model Kia Soul here in my country and all I can say is that its totally worth it. I spent like around $900 for all the genuine parts (Power folding side mirrors with repeater, driver door panel controls etc.)

I cant post some images and links due to low posts lol.
Can you provide a parts list for others that may be interested in this upgrade?

Was any programming necessary for this upgrade to function?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am thinking of doing it myself as there’s a video for door removal, my local dealerships are super lame, I have figured parts, just hope when I put the new door controller in it plugs together like the original , to have the folding when i approach the car will need the bcm module turned on, I’m assuming

1 - 20 of 26 Posts