Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Should I add side marker lights to my 2012 +?

• Go for it!

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Aahh!!! The light!!! It burns!!!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Meh...

Votes: 7 25.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm can't decide if I should add the side markers to my 2012 + since it has signal lights on the side mirrors. I'm worried it would be too much... Ssome opinions or even first hand info (if anyone out there has done it) would be great. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Honestly sounds like overkill to me. There are better ways to spend that money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have side marker lights, I was thinking about the 2012 mirrors on my 2011 but after thinking about it seemed like too much..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can never have too many photons

I have side marker lights, I was thinking about the 2012 mirrors on my 2011 but after thinking about it seemed like too much..
I'm just wild about lighting, so I would go for it. On my 2008 Audi TT roadster
I have HID foglamps, aftermarket LED light strips and amber daytime running lamps. I put them on during the day for visibility and all I get are admiring stares from my fellow road travelers. There's never too many colored photons emanating from my rides.

:D

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I would do it. It's not overkill when it's only the side marker.

And like Rod said...the blank side panel thing looks plain. To me, it looks "cheap", like something belongs there but wasn't installed.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I would say do it. With all the idjits out there on the road the more people that know where you are going, the better. You might want to consider fitting these little spotter mirrors to cover your blind spots too.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
an illuminated side-marker is an ornament -

side-marker turn signals are a safety plus when there are no such lights mirror-mounted -

since mirror-mounted turn signals (when visible from front AND rear) do so much better in alerting other drivers than do side-marker turn signals, the side-marker lights become pointless -

and all this has no bearing whatsoever if your decision to install them is purely for appearance - then it's your coin-toss -

·
Registered
134 Posts
If money were no object, put in side markers and remove the mirror lights.
I think the side marker without lighting does look plain and useless. Like a dummy air vent.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I installed them on my 2012 exclaim , but I wired them only to the running lights not the flasher .... The hard problem of putting the LED markers on the 12s is there is no plug and play wiring harness like on the 10s and 11s . So you have to wire directly into the harness .... Which is a pain .... Compared to the plug and play

1 - 14 of 14 Posts