Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For me this install was a must for safety. The Soul's front indicaters are far too forward to indicate a lane change when someone is in your blind spot, this is peice of mind for me since I have a 7 month old. It also finishes our USA models with a touch of class that the rest of the known world has standard. The grey/silver matches the stock 18"s perfectly. I was going to paint these black but after seeing these on the Soul I love them as is.

Well the install went well, the Shark racing side markers are great, very well made product. I took a few iphone pics so don't expect much.

This is what you have to work with getting these off use a long flat head to pop the plastic fitters from the fender.

Once the top two fitters are popped out, the others will pop out by pulling down

Woops!! broke off the two main clips, these are going to be difficult not to break, new ones have replacements. One half turn of the broken clips will let them fall out.

Back of the dummy marker

Stock fit for the headlight wire, pull the wire harness thrue the fender and place it as far forward near the headlight, come over to the headlight and reach in and pull the wires out. Very easy.

They Work great!!!

The back of the wire bundle hits the back of the sheetmetal, it adds some needed presure to keep the unit firmly in place.

They look better than expected.
Checkout the light on the door, much better visability!!

Looks much more refined

·
Registered
58 Posts
Awesome...can't wait to get mine!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Following is a cut & past of the Sticky for side marker replacement, just to remind folks of the non-screwdriver approach that worked for someone else. Seems it may be the easiest technique, as long as others get the same results.

jameswil
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2009

How to Take Off Side Fender Repeaters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Process will take approximately 30-40 minutes.

How to Take Out Old Repeater Covers:

1. Open door and go to corner of old repeater.
2. Pull gently but firmly on top and bottom until it pops out.
3. Slide old repeater towards door to take it out.
4. You will now have an opening, and will not need to take off tires or anything to install new repeaters.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
You lucky dogs......Nice pic of repeaters WITH a cool connector so you don't have to probe around with a test light and tap into your headlight harness.

I remember back in the OLD days.....when those came with just two bare wire ends.....and we had to walk FIVE miles to school......on broken glass.....barefoot......ummm... uphill .....BOTH ways :p

Do these have the Shark racing "module" that makes them stay on when they are NOT flashing? Or do they just do one or the other?

·
Registered
910 Posts
It has both Aibo.. LOL.. poor man.. it was snowing during that walk to schol and hailing on the way home wasnt it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
And the 'led' looks awesome when it is just lit 'on' ! Then i started looking around here in Oregon, and i realized nobody, and i mean nobody has these on their car...i'm sure there are a few makes / models out there that have them, but i haven't seen them yet...it's a no brainer safety feature, i'm surprised it's not mandatory yet?? Hey idiot riding in my blindspot for the last 3 miles, get out of the way, cuz' i'm moving on over !! lol.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The lights stay on when the parking or headlights are on, when the indicaters flash the markers do also. when the indicaters are turned off, about a second later the markers turn back on and stay lit.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i'm sure there are a few makes / models out there that have them, but i haven't seen them yet
Look on a Mini Cooper - I seem to see them on every one of those I look at :)

Excellent DIY Soul! Appreciated, and I can't wait to get the full set of markers, as I have a few options now!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I was DRIVEN to get these for Soul. It makes no sense for a small car to not have signals in this space.

It bugged me even MORE when I saw that Hyundai's entry level Accent even has these.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice great pics! I am really happy to see the silver of the side repeaters matches the silver of the 18" wheels
I am too. People keep calling these chrome, but I suspected they were actually the wheel color. I'm glad because I've had some ordered for a week now and can't wait to get them. Especially since I know they match the wheels on my dune. Thanks for the work on your post.

·
Registered
180 Posts
watch out my fellow Soul owner as I'm headed down to the garage to install my set of repeaters on my Shadow Soul right now. I do frequent your fine state and you won't have to worry about seeing me - oh no don't look now - I'm passing you :p~ :cool:

And the 'led' looks awesome when it is just lit 'on' ! Then i started looking around here in Oregon, and i realized nobody, and i mean nobody has these on their car...i'm sure there are a few makes / models out there that have them, but i haven't seen them yet...it's a no brainer safety feature, i'm surprised it's not mandatory yet?? Hey idiot riding in my blindspot for the last 3 miles, get out of the way, cuz' i'm moving on over !! lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Happy Chick installs side repeaters ;-)

Well mission accomplished and I want to thank m1cross for posting the terrific photos. I put the laptop in the back of the soul and kept double checking to make sure I was doing it correctly. My husband saw the box and the lights and just rolls his eyes. I think it pisses him off that I do most of my own work on the car. Initially getting the passenger side plastic piece out was a "bitch". I ended up doing the girl thing and got a butter knife with a kitchen towel. After the first one was out I must of gained some mustle because I just popped the other one off without the effort the first one required. I wasn't exactly sure about the plug and play on the headlight and had to go back to the shark add that literally said unplug the headlight and plug in the harness. I took a picture inside behind the headlight as this is where I kept double checking. I'm sure this seems stupid to you mechanically inclined, however; for us regular folks I have to take it slow and double check everything. All together it took less than 30 minutes to hook both light up and I'm so impressed with the look and feel of these light. Now boys if this chick can install them, anyone can.

Thanks to Shark and this terrific group buy!!!! This is one happy soul who is showing her brighter side with her new side repeaters ;-)

watch out my fellow Soul owner as I'm headed down to the garage to install my set of repeaters on my Shadow Soul right now. I do frequent your fine state and you won't have to worry about seeing me - oh no don't look now - I'm passing you :p~ :cool:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Great job. As a mechanically inclined type of guy. I will read and look at instructions to get it right. Takes less time and is done right. Oh and for those of you, I ask for directions too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts