Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show and tell about your hitch cargo carriers.I am interested in seeing pics, getting feed back about who makes your cargo carrier, and why you like it.I have had hitch carriers on my trucks, and they would bang around in the receiver hitch.I eventually bought a shim kit to tighten it up and stop the banging.I also noticed that some of the 1.25 (1 1/4) inch have a raised hitch mount.I think I will need a raised carrier to keep from dragging it on the road when turning into steep driveways and roads.However,I am concerned I will block the rear hatch.Should I ask about this in the Gen 1 section?

Here are the two I am considering buying.We need one for our cooler.It's about 120lbs loaded.

Raised hitch cargo carrier.

Straight hitch cargo carrier.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I told him last time. Someone else tell him about multiple posts on the same subject in different areas of the site.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told him last time. Someone else tell him about multiple posts on the same subject in different areas of the site.
Not every 1st gen owner checks out the 2nd gen forums,and vice versa.1st gen owners may have more experience with this subject.I've never double posted,except once when I accidentialy posted a 2nd gen question in the 1st gen section when I very first joined.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have almost got the rear air bag helper springs sorted out.I am awaiting an email from Air Lift.I should get it tomorrow.If they confirm my question to be true,I will have an Air Lift 1000 kit number and order it.The kit is between $90 and $100,shipped.I'll post the details as soon as I confirm everything fits.For those that are interested,the 2015 2.0L with automatic has rear spring measurement of 4 inches inside diameter and a resting distance of 6 and 5/8 inches between the mounts.These are the measurements I used to find the right size airbags for the rear coil springs.

I also found the cargo carrier I have been looking for.It's a raised model that fits tight to the bumper but allows a couple inches for movement.Oh,and it comes with a bolt on hitch pin to help prevent movement in the hitch.The model is Curt 18110.http://amzn.to/1OMKXoM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts