Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to leap. My preferred dealer has the options on a Titanium 2014 Soul Plus that I want. But it also has chrome mirror caps. I'm not sure that I like them. Two questions: 1) Any opinions on whether they add or detract from the "look"? and 2) Are these things removable if you don't like them (i.e., how are they installed)? Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Depends on what kind of Soul you drive. If it is a two tone like mine, red & black, I probably wouldn't to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
your post is kinda odd, what do you like haven;t you seen the car???? i have them on mine and think they look good, makes it different then everyone out there, also i don;t think you have much choice if it's a dealer installed option. good luck with the new car

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Ultimately here you're talking esthetics and that can be a very personal thing. The only real way to get opinions is to post a good photo of the car so people can reply with their personal opinion on the look...............and then you've got other people's opinions when the person who has to live with the car and look at it every day is you.

I kind of see this as being like buying a house. The car has all the options you require, but these additions apparently don't fit in with your overall sense of esthetics. Like a fabulous house in the right location, with kitchen work surfaces you don't like at all. Is that a reason to walk away? You have to decide to compromise or maybe wait in the hope that a similarly spec'd car becomes available in a reasonable time frame.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. My preferred dealer has the car with the mirror caps. Another local dealer has a similar one without. I'm weighing whether to accept the one with the caps or to add the hassle of asking my preferred dealer to get the other one. I have no idea how "inter-dealer" trades work. Does it increase the hassle? Will my preferred dealer give me as good a price if he has to get the car from another dealer? I'm clueless on this aspect.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Mirror Caps would not have added any POP to my SOUL unless I added all the other chrome BITS out there to make it a Theme type of styling...
I made my Caps POP without the Chrome...
Note: Chrome Caps are a upgrade option. Make sure you get them FREE in the Deal...<:))
Note: Getting a Car from the Other Dealer will be about a $400.00 up-charge to you, That's a little KISS for the other Dealer to let it go to you.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I like the chrome caps on the titanium. Keep them!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Thanks for the input. My preferred dealer has the car with the mirror caps. Another local dealer has a similar one without. I'm weighing whether to accept the one with the caps or to add the hassle of asking my preferred dealer to get the other one. I have no idea how "inter-dealer" trades work. Does it increase the hassle? Will my preferred dealer give me as good a price if he has to get the car from another dealer? I'm clueless on this aspect.
seems like a lot of work just for the sake of chrome caps - can't you compromise. Just say you don't want them and see what they say, I think they should be able to remove them, as was mentioned its only 3m double-sided tape, no different than removing a body-side molding.
If I was in the dealers shoes I would not be doing all the exchange work for the sake of a chrome cap without compensation that involves quite a bit of work and also does not guarantee it can be done as the other dealer may not want to part with it, they are not a hard model to sell. The caps are only a $115 option.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
If it was a case of a dealer switching with another dealer because they didn't have a car in stock of the specification that you wanted, they would probably do it to get the sale. But here you're talking of identical cars except for a relatively cheap (to the dealer) accessory, so I would highly doubt they would do a swop.

If you really don't want them and the dealer wants your business then ask them to remove the caps at no charge to you. They'd be nuts not to do it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
As already mentioned,the caps attach with 3-m tape that is pre-applied.Yes,they can be removed.
Just a personal taste,I don't like the chrome caps.A bit too much.However,given my design background
(its what I do),the Soul needs some chrome touches.My 013 plus is also titanium.I looked at the vehicle for awhile
to come up with a looks "enhancement" plan.Thought about the chrome mirror caps and door pull covers.
Decided on adding 1/2" chrome trim to the lower sides right before the textured covering.I also used 1/4"
chrome at the tops of the doors below the windows to balance the chrome.I used the same 1/4" on the outside
mirrors above the black .Very subtle mods but they work to give the Soul a richer look.Also added carbon fiber B
pillar covers and fuel door cover.I was going for more of a Euro Range Rover look.
These changes IMO would only work best on titanium.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts
:worthless

Reactions: Soul.Master.007

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
:worthless
Yeah GTV, show us the car. I've been wondering about adding a half-inch chrome strip to the sill, so it would be cool to see what it looks like......Your description fits right in with the Euro esthetic that our car was always designed around.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My dealer swap didn't cost a thing. I told them what another dealer was offering and they offered to transfer for free and at a lower amount. They wanted the sales numbers.

Taking the caps off is quick and easy. Just tell the dealer to do it or you are going to buy it elsewhere. I guarantee they will do it.

Personally I hate chrome. So it would be a ripped off by me before I left the lot. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bought our new 2014 Titanium Soul Plus this evening -- no chrome caps, car transferred from another dealer. Costco pricing was great ($600 below invoice), but there were a few curveballs in the mix. Unfortunately, our local dealer did not have the minimal options list that we wanted. Having the car transferred from another dealer involved accepting a couple of overpriced options (overpriced by about $100) -- but not a showstopper. Incredibly excited! Thanks for your advice on this forum!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts