Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was surprised with the quality of both. The bumper protector has a rough almost skateboard texture which was nice.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,075 Posts
Both look very nice, the bumper protector has help save mine from scratches.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Both look good.
I have been looking for a bumper protector for my gen1(2013).
What I want is a chrome or metal with raised chrome edges.
I have only seen them available from Korean vendors(risky).
A protector for this area is really needed.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The OEM bumper protector is extremely well made I had the dealer install it before I even picked up my car. It looks great. The Fin looks great but unless you don't care about AM if you are not in an urban area it cuts down on the AM signal too much.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The OEM bumper protector is extremely well made I had the dealer install it before I even picked up my car. It looks great. The Fin looks great but unless you don't care about AM if you are not in an urban area it cuts down on the AM signal too much.
I may sound young now but the only one who listens to am is my dad ha XD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may sound young now but the only one who listens to am is my dad ha XD
Agreed! ... If I could disable AM and Sirus and only toggle through FM and BT on the stock radio I would be happy. I briefly considered the ultra cheap option of just unscrewing the antenna and calling it a day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks good! Love my Visual Garage fin, too!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just got my fin so I will install this weekend.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,160 Posts
I notice the Shark Fin antenna is standard on the all new 2017 Sportage.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
is there a guide for the antenna replacement yet?
It takes all of ten minutes to install, unscrew mast from roof antenna, clean surrounding area with an alcohol wipe, line up antenna, put a bit of masking tape down to mark the position, screw the sharkfin wire antenna to where you removed the mast, remove paper cover from double side tape and stick your sharkfin down.
I generally test reception just before permanently sticking the antenna down. I have had the VG sharkfin on my last 4 cars and am happy with them.

Pat

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the purpose of the shark fin...just for looks or better reception?
I just joined and am seeing all sorts or topics that interest me.
Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks
Its mostly for looks. They do diminish certain signals depending on the arch. IE the taller the better but even then your covering your attention with a housing. AM is mostly effected. I suppose you could overcome this if could wire in a amplifier. Of course talking in theory.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thanks
I replaced my antenna w/ a fin because I was tired of taking the antenna off every time we put the SUP on the vehicle. Works just as well as the OEM antenna and looks better in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
For only $5.00 Free Shipping... I say go for-it... Totally Hi-Tech... So much for so little money... Its got to be the best buy out there this week... Be sure pick the color you want...

CLICK: Â*

1 - 20 of 28 Posts